leg injury, low leg, outer

Options
can someone help determine if this sounds like a sprain? and the curious party of me wants to know what muscle or tension is causing this trouble.

background: haven't intentionally exercised in a while. Did Ddp yoga Monday and Wednesday. no pain until this morning. sharp pain in my outer lower leg, about three inches below the side of the knee. pain is severe and sharp when I crouch down/ squat, if Iraise up ( like a calf raise), on uneven ground, and with pivot. dull light pain otherwise. foot felt slightly tingly while elevated if I pointed my toes. I can flex my foot without pain unless I try turning it inward while flexed.
no swelling or redness. walking is not painful, nor are stairs.

could the yoga have caused this even though it has been 3 days since I did it? Sprain? I will see a doctor if it seems to get worse despite rest, I just hate the idea of going in just to be told to rest and ice, which I am already doing.

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you mean by "below the knee", this sounds like it could be a meniscus issue.

Yes, yoga could cause this, as could pretty much any exercise if it has been a long time since being physically active.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    more calf than knee, but the side of the leg, not the back. meniscus.... shudder. would never wish that on anybody.

the movements that make it sharp seemed so specific I was hoping someone could figure it out from those.