What beach body program do you suggest?

Options
I've already done Insanity and completed the whole program last April. I was only able to lose about 8 lbs. I'm currently between 130-132 lbs right now and I'm trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I've been stuck for about 7 months now. 3 months ago I was able to reach 123 lbs but gained it all back from eating a lot more. I was basically starving myself when I reached 123 lbs. I felt so dizzy and was losing the weight quickly. Now that I'm back to eating more instead of starving myself the weighing scale doesn't want to move. I've been going to the gym 6 days a week doing the same routine everyday. I lift 3 times a week (the same routine) and do cardio 6 days a week. I don't know if this might be the problem. I feel like the only way for me to lose the last 10 lbs is to eat a lot less again.. Like around 1100 calories but that does not seem like enough food for me at all. I'm only 5'1. I'm trying to be 120 lbs by February so that gives me 3 months to lose the weight. I want to keep it off this time. Which beach body program would help me lose the last 10 lbs by February or sooner? I'm tired of Insanity now so I want to try something new.

Replies

• jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Sia_33
    Sia_33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ive just restarted mfp and having another attempt to lose 30 ibs. I ordered turbo fire and im on day 2. Its great fun. You can look it up on youtube. All the best.
  • LGS1974
    Options
    I'd swap things around with your gym/lifting routine.
  • Inamourada
    Options
    I feel like I'm kind of in a similar position, but I no longer feel like ANOTHER workout program is the solution. I've done insanity, and I didn't lose much weight. I think you might just need to mix up your workout routine. The same thing everyday will make you plateau. Incorporate some beach body videos some days and go to the gym other days.

I can't say for sure that this is the answer, but I've often thought that it might be for me. I'm 5'7" and weigh about 145. The lowest weight I've ever been was 136. Every time I go below 140, I have a really hard time maintaining it. I don't know if it's what I eat or my workout routine, but It always comes back and I hover around 143-146 lbs. If anyone has better insight, do share! Lol :P
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    I've already done Insanity and completed the whole program last April. I was only able to lose about 8 lbs. I'm currently between 130-132 lbs right now and I'm trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I've been stuck for about 7 months now. 3 months ago I was able to reach 123 lbs but gained it all back from eating a lot more. I was basically starving myself when I reached 123 lbs. I felt so dizzy and was losing the weight quickly. Now that I'm back to eating more instead of starving myself the weighing scale doesn't want to move. I've been going to the gym 6 days a week doing the same routine everyday. I lift 3 times a week (the same routine) and do cardio 6 days a week. I don't know if this might be the problem. I feel like the only way for me to lose the last 10 lbs is to eat a lot less again.. Like around 1100 calories but that does not seem like enough food for me at all. I'm only 5'1. I'm trying to be 120 lbs by February so that gives me 3 months to lose the weight. I want to keep it off this time. Which beach body program would help me lose the last 10 lbs by February or sooner? I'm tired of Insanity now so I want to try something new.

I would advise you to try another program to get you out of your plateau, a good lifting program like body Beast or Chalean Extreme would be a good choice.

What is your current calorie intake?
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    try les mills combat, its my favorite program so far, currently im doing a p90x/ les mills combat hybrid, Ive done both insanity and p90x on there own and if you get the supreme warrior edition of combat its like insanity and p90x in one. Extreme cardio and some weigh training involved. Hope this helps good luck
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    have you looked at jillian michaels dvds they work pretty good. as far as bb i'd say save your money and don't bother with hip hop abs or rockin body. it was a wast of money