Thanks Myfitnesspal

I'm a 47 year old man and I weighed 325 lbs. I had high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I never thought I could lose weight on my own, without having a gastric bypass. I came across your app one day and I decided to download it. It was a month before I started using it. It has been a little over six months now, and I have lost 83 lbs so far and weigh 242 lbs. With a combination of using the guidelines on this app and doing cardio 7 days a week, I have shed the weight. This app has taught me so much about my eating habits and about what I eat. I don't feel like I am starving myself, I am just being smarter about what I eat., and I exercise more so I can give myself more calories. I went to the doctor recently, and I don't have to take high blood pressure medicine or cholesterol medicine. I want to lose 40 more pounds and I'm sure I will complete my goal. Thank you, myfitnesspal for changing my life and for saving it!

Replies

• phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Great news getting off the meds! Congrats to you! What a tremendous 6 months.
  • socalmur
    socalmur Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you!
  • Amen!

This app works great. I was a unconscious eater and got up to 320 pounds plus. Thanks to MFP and my MFP friends I have lost 85 pounds and still going down, amazing!!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    In April I saw my doc. Got some labs, bad news.....high cholesterol! Doc said meds, I said F That! MFP = 70+ lbs lost. No more high cholesterol. If it wasn't for MFP, I'd still be a 31 year old, 280 lb mom of 4 on prescription medication for unhealthy lifestyle. I believe MFP helped to save my life!
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Congrats on your success!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Great stories!!! Thanks for sharing them :heart:
  • You've done wonderful! Congratulations! Keep up the hard work and I know you'll lose all of that weight! You are an inspiration!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    This is awesome! Congrats! :smile:
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Awesome job working the app, I an sure that you will make your goal with ease. great job!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Wonderful!!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Great to read another success story! You did great Congratulations! I am hoping for my turn one day!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Congratulations.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    That is fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Awesome & Amazing!!!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Wow, you did it! No meds, no bypass, just good old-fashioned self-determination...stick with it! I take my hat off to you!:flowerforyou:
  • lynty2
    lynty2 Posts: 48 Member
    Congratulations on your success:love:
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Stories like this keep me keeping on.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Congratulations! that is wonderful news! I am looking to join you on the "off the meds" wagon, not there yet, but I am on my way.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Congratulations to all you "Losers" (And that is definitely meant as a compliment!). It's wonderful to hear that you are all conquering the medications. Isn't it a little sad how doctors always seem to go straight for the meds rather than treating the cause? You ahve all done brilliantly, keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • socalmur
    socalmur Posts: 5 Member
    Everyone here is doing a great job, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!