Newbie Here! Introducing Myself!

Hello MFP World! My name is Lara aka AusAshMommy, I am a Professional Administrator/Blogger who works in the Nuclear Industry and hoping to move to Publishing Eventually!
I've been married to my absolutely wonderful & patient hubby, James, for 12 years now and am a Mom to two wonderful kids, age 10 & 8.

I began my journey to lose weight after a biometric screening at work showed I weighed in at 200lbs, had a high cholesterol (good cholesterol, the bad was perfect) and that my BMI was way too high. I stand 5'5" and I started at 200lbs/Size XXL 18 my goal is the 140 - 150 range and a size 12. Anything smaller and I'll look entirely too skinny and unhealthy for my build.

Looking forward to this journey!

Replies

• welcome =)
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    Hey I'm of similarish weight (actually a little more) and have a lot to lose too and similar height. I'm aiming for a Size 12 too (but Australian size which I think is Size 14 American)

Just don't take BMI as being entirely accurate - it is a bit flawed as it uses your weight (and doesn't distinguish between muscle mass and fat). I'd say go off measurements, scales and/or Body Fat %.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Hi there, I'm sort of an old newbie just came back to MFP and looking for other weight loss buddies feel free to add me . Lets stay motivated together :)
  • Bigken1
    Bigken1 Posts: 8 Member
    welcome!
  • add me, the more the merrier!
  • dk50
    dk50 Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome to MFP .....you will find a lot of support form this site ....helps to know what your eating and adding some exercise the pound's are going to go!!!! Here for you.... feel free to add me as a friend....good luck!!!!!!! Diane
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Welcome! You can add me too!
  • lynnflynn22
    lynnflynn22 Posts: 1 Member
    Looking forward to losing weight and getting fit!