High in fat diet.

Options
I have my fat set to 40% (53g), my carbs set to 40% (120g) and my protein 20% (60g) for the last few days at least I've been way under my carbs (which I see as a good thing) and above my fat. 99.9% of my diet is raw foods.

So lets take tomorrow for instance, so far I have 49% fat, 26% protein and 25% carbs. Is it okay that my fat is that high if it's natural fats or should I try and get some more carbs in to lower it down a bit? :s

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I don't see any issues with a higher fat diet but personally I think your protein intake is set a little low. A commonly used ratio is
    40C : 30P : 30F

You could reverse the carbs and fats though so you have 40F : 30P : 30C.

But at the end of the day do what works for you - if your current plan is working and you're happy with it then keep it as it is.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't see any issues with a higher fat diet but personally I think your protein intake is set a little low. A commonly used ratio is
    40C : 30P : 30F

You could reverse the carbs and fats though so you have 40F : 30P : 30C.

But at the end of the day do what works for you - if your current plan is working and you're happy with it then keep it as it is.

Thanks. I might actually do it that way. :)
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the keto diet :)
  • ceimi
    ceimi Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm currently on the keto diet and my ratio is 60:35:5 fat:protein:carbs. Plus there's tons of great culinary options. Most people think of keto as a restricting diet, but you would be absolutely astounded at what people can come up with to imitate everyday foods without the excess carbs. Good luck!