hi what weight should an 18 year old male be 5.9 hight

Options
i wanna know at what weight will i lose my moobs i hate em and have a nice flat chest i no its kinda a weird thing to ask but if you could help me we would be freinds for life =) thank you :p

Replies

• keith1912
    Options
    bump
  • keith1912
    Options
    bumping :(
  • Mickc986
    Mickc986 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    around 156lbs is conidered average for your age and height
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    use the calculator in the apps, that'll give you a range of a healthy weight
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Average weight is largely useless as it depends on your muscle mass.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    your answer is not as simple as you may think. And it is a combination between what Mike and KingRat stated. Averages are just that and talk about a general population but your own body composition and what you are willing to do on your path will largely dictate the answer you are seeking. Just like abs are made in the kitchen and not in the gym, some other body composition changes will need a combination of reducing body fat % and building muscle mass which has an ongoing benefit for weight loss and maintenance anyhow.

You can do it - just need to find and keep your motivation (the hardest part of anything like this).

Good luck to you on your path!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There is no one weight that is right for any particular height - depends on your build and your body composition.

I'm 5'9" and my ideal weight has varied from 154 to 175 depending on levels of fitness and different sports or goals I've been focussed on.

I've always been relatively heavy for my height as I have fairly short arms and legs and a big rib cage. A similar height friend was at the other end of the spectrum - long arms and legs for his height and had a "Long John Silver" build (sunken chest).
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Average weight is largely useless as it depends on your muscle mass.

Telling this to someone whose goal is to get rid of his "moobs" is probably harmful. If you are obese and physically inactive, what muscle mass you do have is probably mostly supporting your excess weight. I'm guessing the OP doesn't follow a workout program like yours that may have resulted in significantly above average muscle mass.

I think it helps to set multiple goals, because if you are severely obese like I was, it can be hard to know what healthy looks like. It can also take time to accomplish your ultimate goals. I set an initial goal of weighing less than 300 pounds, then less than my previous lowest adult weight. The next goal is to no longer be obese, which I am extremely close to accomplishing. From there it is a healthy weight, which wasn't even part of my original goal as I was so far gone 8 months ago.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    i wanna know at what weight will i lose my moobs i hate em and have a nice flat chest i no its kinda a weird thing to ask but if you could help me we would be freinds for life =) thank you :p

Depends on your frame size, muscles etc to some extent. I would say around 170 pounds you wouldn't have a lot of flab to create moobs, if you're big and muscular it'll be a higher weight than this.
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    Everyone cares weight differently. Just work out until you like how your body looks?