insanity

Options
I would love to start the insanity video workout program, but its too EXPENSIVE! Does anyone know how to get it at a discounted price or something similar?

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I would love to start the insanity video workout program, but its too EXPENSIVE! Does anyone know how to get it at a discounted price or something similar?

If by "something similar", you mean, "illegally downloaded", then...

...no. I don't know where you could find that...

...but I suspect it's out there...somewhere.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Check Craigslist and eBay. Someone is always selling it in those places once they've moved onto the next best thing.
  • jecalloway91
    Options

No I do not mean illegally, "something similar" as in same concept and results as insanity
  • jpace00
    Options
    There are a bunch of dvd programs similar to insanity, and they are all similarly expensive.
  • jecalloway91
    Options
    Well I did fitness blender last night.. ( not as many videos or as long) but it has my butt hurting literally! So i may just stick with it.. By the way it was absolutely FREE!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    results are from hardwork, not any particular dvd.

and i wonder how hard you will work, if you can't put in the effort and resources to get a copy of your desired program.
  • jecalloway91
    Options

and i wonder how hard you will work, if you can't put in the effort and resources to get a copy of your desired program.

First thing first, please hop you're judgemental *kitten* off my post if you don't have anything positive to say!
    Secondly, I put the effort in by asking if there were cheaper options for the dvd. Who the *kitten* wants to pay $120+ for a set of dvd's (I'm pretty sure no one)
    Lastly, we're all on this website for the same purpose, you're here to loose weight, I'm here to loose weight.. So what makes your way better? As long as I'm getting the job done, that all that matters!
    Thank you sir, you are dismissed
  • Chelfit
    Chelfit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All the Insanity videos are available for free on vimeo.
  • kellz4544
    Options
    Some of the comments took this post way left. From the original post, I didn't take it to mean she wanted anything illegal or that she wasn't willing to put in the effort. I took it to mean she wanted to try something that is similar to insanity but doesn't cost as much. Geesh... some people are just rough with their comments!

I agree with a previous poster- try ebay or craigslist. I actually just got insanity from my local thrift shop for 5 bucks!!! That's completely LEGAL and didn't cost me 120 bucks!

Good luck to ya!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Check Craigslist and eBay. Someone is always selling it in those places once they've moved onto the next best thing.

^This^
  • jecalloway91
    Options
    Some of the comments took this post way left. From the original post, I didn't take it to mean she wanted anything illegal or that she wasn't willing to put in the effort. I took it to mean she wanted to try something that is similar to insanity but doesn't cost as much. Geesh... some people are just rough with their comments!

I agree with a previous poster- try ebay or craigslist. I actually just got insanity from my local thrift shop for 5 bucks!!! That's completely LEGAL and didn't cost me 120 bucks!

Good luck to ya!

Thanks!
  • ladylove52086
    Options
    Definitely Ebay. I got Turbo Jam, Rockin Body, and Insanity for about $15-40 each. If you don't mind used DVD's and not having all the "extras" (i.e. meal plans, measuring tapes, free 30 day membership, etc) that's the best way to go. I order nothing from the actual Beachbody site because it takes you through about 50 screens of supplements and extra equipment you don't need and won't use.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I get all my DVDs from half.com, which is ebay people that are willing to settle; no bidding. most of the videos I get are under $2 (before shipping/handling). as with everything that's used, there's always the chance that it won't arrive in the condition stated, but it's worth it to me to get garage sale prices without having to drive from house to house in "hopes" they'll have something I want.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've got to say lately I have read more bashing and judging on simple post of people asking general questions. This is not what MFP is for at all. Get over yourself people and stay out of the conversation if you can't say anything that helps, supports or overs assistance. No one needs a bashing when they are already life style change.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You could try JNL on the go's circuit. It has weights and cardio and made me sweat like crazy!
  • trixiepinkie
    trixiepinkie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd keep my eye out for anyone looking to sell it. Because people will move on to something else, and want to sell it for some cash. Especially the amount of people who do pay the full price for it! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options

While I agree that sometimes the pain of parting with the funds can serve as motivation to get the most out of something (school, training etc...) There's a way to say it without being a judgmental douche.

As for your question, I don't know of anything insanity like, but i'm sure they're out there. My advice is spend the 29/month it just might be the motivation you need to get the most out of it.

Best of luck
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Regardless of what others say, I agree with you. If someone spends time creating a program or writing a song, I find it deplorable that people feel they should be able to get it for free.
  • Malachai76
    Options
    I paid the full price for insanity and for me it's worth every penny so far i've done it twice i'm currently doing another program but i will go back to it. I know people that have got it illegally/cheaply and they didn't have the same commitment to go through it, i'm not saying you wouldn't but i believe your much more likely to complete it if you pay the price for it. In any case the program is amazing you'll get awesome results however you get it i hope you love it as much as i do.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Regardless of what others say, I agree with you. If someone spends time creating a program or writing a song, I find it deplorable that people feel they should be able to get it for free.

First of all, he never explicitly took a stance on the issue.

Secondly, you sound like a Luddite. How much do you pay for MFP? I'll bet you'd be the first jerk in line signing the petition to ban a Star Trek-like replication device out of concern that it would be used mostly to infringe on copyrights.

Our laws should serve our society's best interests considering the technology that is available today. Old economic models become obsolete when the unit cost of producing a good, (in this case a digital one) are effectively zero. Sometimes people lose jobs and disruptive change occurs. That is necessary in order for us to progress. People like you are holding us back.

That said, I don't engage in such behavior myself for two reasons. For one, it is illegal under current laws, which makes it ethically wrong to do so. Secondly, with digital distribution of books, music and video games, it is often much more convenient just to buy from a source like Amazon or Steam. These are new distribution models that have arisen from technology that allows us to receive products quickly and inexpensively. I am chiefly considering the availability and cost of high-speed internet connections here.