Frustrated

Options
Frustrated because I keep doing stuff to lose weight and I am not losing anything. I am weighing everything, exercising, cut out carbs and I am still the same weight. On my fitness pal and still nothing :(

Replies

• briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Would be ok to see what is in your food diary? Open it so we can take a look! What are your goals? What kind of exercises are you doing? Are you eating enough?
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You just joined last month to MFP so I assume your are new to this weight loss thing as well. Obviously you will not see any results for first few weeks. I understand that you want it fast but that's not how it works. Do what you are doing for more 3 - 4 months on consistent basis and if THEN you don't see any changes then you might need to think what you are dong wrong. But for now just stick to it.

Also, make sure you weight yourself every week / month and measure inches every week / month. Because sometimes we may not see changes in mirror that much, especially after short period of time has passed. But numbers will tell everything. Weighting yourself every day tho is complete waste of time cos, like I said, results are not that fast. Anyhow, just stick to it for now. Good luck!
  • CheekyV1981
    Options
    Hi Ainar - no I lost weight through weight watchers old regime 5 years ago and I managed to maintain my weight through healthy eating and exercise. I recently had a baby which was still born in July. I went back to Weight Watchers but I found the new system difficult to follow compared to the old one. I have lost about 17lb since having my son but have been the same weight for the last two months. I want to lose at least 14lb before Christmas just to get back into my old clothes.
  • hannacb
    Options
    Same happened to me. Then I looked at what I was eating; cut way down on starches - pasta, potatoes and up your vegetables. Try adding some protein at every meal; egg, tuna, turkey, chicken breast. It's not forever, add them back slowly after you reached your goal.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 14lb before Christmas just to get back into my old clothes.

Please don't give yourself a deadline for losing weight. Not a good idea.
  • Elpaw4mbv
    Elpaw4mbv Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If I read your response to Ainar correctly, your son was stillborn? I am so sorry for your loss if I did read that correctly. I've had a few miscarriages, so I can empathize to a point. I can't begin to know what you've gone through to have gone to term and lost a child.

You may still be dealing with post pregnancy hormones and your body hasn't adjusted yet.

In any event, this is still an emotional time for you so you might not want to take on goals with deadlines like 14 lbs by Christmas. Start small and give yourself time to heal and to change your habits. Stay with MFP and build up a good support group. Work on logging your food daily to see where you really are in food consumption, before I started logging I thought I knew how much I was eating...HA. total eye opening experience and a major case of, "Wow, no wonder I weigh this much."

Good luck.