TOMORROW . . .

Options
Tomorrow has become my achilles heel. I get tired, crave carbs and think, "I'll start over tomorrow."

Who else has had a "tomorrow problem" and how did you get past it?

(I'm maintaining, so not in crisis mode here, but still hoping to learn some new strategies to cope with a very old problem.)

Replies

• NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow has historically been my issue. This go around, I have just made "tomorrow" a "starting just before I ate that", and I track exactly what I ate that I don't want to see. Then I start working toward better choices with the very next bite or very next bit of activity that I do. It could be a salad for my next meal, or it could be parking at the far end of the lot at the next store I go to.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Ugh.......tomorrow!! Feel your pain. For me, its a mindset! How bad do you want this? Remember how good the scale looks when u've lost weight? Hold on to that feeling!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Thurine
    Thurine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the "tomorrow" problem but I also have "Monday" problem…I'll start Monday…OH well, I'll get back on the wagon Monday….

I'm such a procrastinator! I'm almost want to post horrible pictures of myself all over the kitchen so I can deter myself…...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    There used to be a commercial that ended with an echo of "TOMORROW, Tomorrow, tomorrow....." trailing off into nothing. I always remember that commercial when I have those thoughts. It snaps me right back into "Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today?" mode.

BTW, in searching for a great quote about tomorrow and the flimsy nature of our time here for you to get a carpe diem feeling from I found the coolest tool. A shakespeare translator! Here you go, first installment... translation of the "tomorrow" quote http://nfs.sparknotes.com/macbeth/page_202.html

giphy.gif

...that's right, all roads [topics] lead to Shakespeare and I'll do anything for a Romeo.
  • donnadeehurtcassidy
    Options
    :) I know the same feeling
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It helps if you're not overly restrictive in your diet. Eating a few hundred calories less than you need to for maintenance is easy...being super restrictive is hard and completely unnecessary. Most people fall off the wagon or never get on the wagon because they have this notion that all they can eat is celery to lose weight.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of "tomorrow I'll start" how about, "If I still want that tomorrow, I'll have it then." I do this all the time. I want a day off from working out, so I'll say "I'll take tomorrow off" and work out today. Usually tomorrow comes and I want to work out! Or, since I have a huge sweet tooth, "I'll have a brownie tomorrow to celebrate not having one today" and 9 times out of 10 I forget about it.

It's not a perfect approach, but it works for me...
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Maybe instead of "tomorrow I'll start" how about, "If I still want that tomorrow, I'll have it then." I do this all the time. I want a day off from working out, so I'll say "I'll take tomorrow off" and work out today. Usually tomorrow comes and I want to work out! Or, since I have a huge sweet tooth, "I'll have a brownie tomorrow to celebrate not having one today" and 9 times out of 10 I forget about it.

It's not a perfect approach, but it works for me...

Oooooooooh, good idea!

I'm going to try this, making salads in advance, and see if I can fit Shakespeare in there too. Thanks guys.