Hello!

Options
Finally thought I should introduce myself to the community! I've been using MyFittnessPal for a couple of weeks and I really have found it to be very helpful.

I have struggled with weight the majority of my life, and have tried many, many times to lose the extra pounds. From fad diets, to severe restriction, to Weight Watchers, but haven't been successful. But, I never thought of weight loss as a simple math equation before (calories consumed vs. calories burned).

Anyways, I wanted to say "hello" and would be happy to friend anyone!

Replies

• Sobeone
    Options
    No kidding, who knew that weight loss could be explained so even I could understand it. Not only that but its true and it does work. I'm proof. I'm a good cheerleader so send me a friends invite if you like.
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need a cheerleader... actually I need someone with a cattle prod to get my butt in motion.. ;)

I've been on MFP since last year.. but I really want to get more active because I would like to lose weight other than patience.
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Goodluck in your fitness journey! Feel free to friend me here!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol the math thing. i was the same way! it all clicked with MFP. so simple. hard to believe you can get to 47 years old and not understand something so simple. I am embarrassed to admit, but so happy I finally get it.