Loose skin

Options
Hi There

I am 53 years old and I now have reached a normal BMI.

I still want to reduce my body fat which is currently at 20% down I weighed 130 lbs and I am 5ft 4in

I would like to drop a further 11lbs

My question relates to loose skin on my abdoment just above my pubic bone but on one side only

Will this disappear with exercise. I do abdomen exercises every other day

Catherine

Replies

• GoldenShah
    GoldenShah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Catherine,

Once your skin has stretched it won't shrink back to its original size. However, if you tone and sculpt your body through weight training and exercise, you will replace some of the fat with muscles which will help smooth out any wrinkles.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I say this all the time - but massage will help - it won't shrink it, but it improves circulation to the area, warms it, helps your body flush the toxins and smooths the skin, so it'll look better at least. Keep at it hun x
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What they said...And don't forget to drink plenty of water which aids in skin health.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    use moisturizer before you go to sleep at night will help.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it takes time (about a year) with constant toning and keeping the weight off but loose skin does tighten up. Maybe not like you are 25 ...lol but it gets better if you work out the area and actually get a little lower than goal weight (about 10lbs) and come back to it.. The body adds it and takes it away according to the need.