im giving up now

Options
thanks to everyone who said i could do it, m=but enough is enough. its been 2 1/2 months on this stupid diet and sure im down 16 pounds but my stomach still looks like im 8 months pregnant and i cant take it anymore! plus i did go over my caloric limit yesterday by 800 and i weigh myself again this morning and see i gain 2 pounds! seriously! yesterday i was 125!! i can only take that much. thanks everyone on here who said i could do it, but im worn out, losing weight and no size change in clothes. hope everyone continues strong.

Replies

• munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad reading your post. What will it take you to keep at it? Don't QUIT! Let me know how I can help.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    take care
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone who said i could do it, m=but enough is enough. its been 2 1/2 months on this stupid diet and sure im down 16 pounds but my stomach still looks like im 8 months pregnant and i cant take it anymore! plus i did go over my caloric limit yesterday by 800 and i weigh myself again this morning and see i gain 2 pounds! seriously! yesterday i was 125!! i can only take that much. thanks everyone on here who said i could do it, but im worn out, losing weight and no size change in clothes. hope everyone continues strong.

Well you've only been on a diet for 2 months and already lost so much weight, maybe you just need some gym for that stomach. Unfortunately it doesn't go away by itself :/ but I don't think you're doing anything wrong, why giving up now? Just try some different exercise before giving up
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You give up now, you're never going to lose the weight. If you don't want it badly enough to keep getting up again, you don't deserve to lose it anyway.
  • goldenopp
    Options
    We all hit rough patches. Even tore up roads on our journey. But keep in mind if you quit on your self. It will only make you feel that much worse. I can promise you feel good about losing sixteen lbs right? So, see what else you can achieve or live unhappily ever after? Its worth it to be healthy! We all deserve :flowerforyou: it! Even you!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing you are giving up on yourself completely and not just weight loss. Its a love/hate relationship with weight loss. Its sad to hear that you have little value for yourself, but only you can find that. You really deserve to be happy.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So wait.... yesterday you were 125 and today you're 127 and you want to quit?? Exactly how much weight are you trying to lose? So you're willing to re-gain the 16 lbs that you lost after all that hard work? Believe me, you don't want to do that. You will be very angry with yourself.

Also, you said you look 8 months pregnant. When I was 125 and was 8 months pregnant, that's because I was actually pregnant. Are you exaggerating about the size of your belly? If not, you apparently have a medical problem for it to be that bloated.
  • rymincks
    rymincks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If dieting and losing weight were easy, everyone would be fit. Just remember the next time you try a new diet it's going to take just as long and be just as hard as this so by giving up now, the last months have been for nothing.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Perhaps your diet is too restrictive which is making it hard to follow. Perhaps you think your stomach looks bigger than it is. Perhaps it is big because it is bloated from the type of foods you are eating rather than because of fat. To put on 2lbs you would've had to have eaten 7000 calories over your maintenance, which you haven't done. The 2lbs you put on will just be water, muscle glycogen, and extra food in your stomach, not fat. Two months isn't very long, if you want huge results quickly you will be disappointed and give up. Take things easier and slower - try losing 0.5-1lb per week for example. It's a lot easier, and by next summer you should be the weight you want.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit...."I quit because I gained 2 Lbs of water"...

srsly 16 Lbs in 2 months and you're quitting now...I think you have some jacked up expectations...anywho c-ya
  • sedoj
    sedoj Posts: 1
    Options

Big Hugs!!! Give yourself a big pat on the back, you’ve lost 16 lbs! You have done so well and should be so proud of yourself.

Your challenge for today, and for the rest of your food journey, is to not give up!!! Do your best to make as many best choices as you can, as often as you can. Don’t worry if a poor decision slips in there. If it happens (and chances are it will) forgive yourself & keep going. A poor choice is not failure – it’s an opportunity to do better next time.

Remember why you started this journey in the first place... don't give up!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    SaveTheDramaForYoMama.png
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you're not exaggerating about your tummy looking 8 months pregnant then you need to see the doctor and ask for an ultrasound or other scan to make sure you don't have a tumour or something. It doesn't sound normal at your weight to have that.
  • salamagundy
    Options
    Forget about losing weight and focus on losing fat. Forget about counting calories (boring, boring, boring) and count carbohydrates instead. Forget about a diet low in fat and high in carbohydrates. make fat your new best friend and carbohydrates high on the glycemic index your worst enemy. All is not lost. Try eating less than 80g of carbohydrate each day, eat good quality animal fats, coconut oil and olive oil (fat satiates your hunger like nothing else :-)) Then put on your walking shoes and try to walk at least a mile every day. Try this for 3 weeks and see what happens before you finally give up on your goal. With every good wish.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    SaveTheDramaForYoMama.png

Exactly. Never knew losing weight was going to be easy, otherwise I would have tried a long time ago. Do what's best for you, but I expect to see you back here in January 2014, by then how much would you weigh, or if you had stayed would you have reached your goal weight or be close to it?