Is it impossible to lose 2lbs a week at my size?

Options
124»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    It is possible but it will be a challenge. It most likely cannot be done through calorie cutting alone because you cannot go below 1200 calories otherwise your body will go into "starvation mode" and this will mess with your metabolism.

A myth. That's not how "starvation mode" works.
    Agreed. Body fat and total body weight is more of an indicator of how much of a deficit is better for fat loss. Too aggressive a deficit in that scenario will compromise lean tissue and fat loss....basically the chances of your body fat going up while losing weight is increased and getting back lean mass is a bit ch.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 123 lbs, trying to get to 114. I told MyFitnessPal I wanted to lose 2lbs a week, and it calculated 1200 calories, but told me I would only lose 1 lb/week. I had to drop the calories manually to 700 for it to say 2/week, but that doesn't seem feasible, or healthy.

It is not feasible or healthy. You risk metabolic issues and lean body mass loss. What's the rush?
    I agree!
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 123 lbs, trying to get to 114. I told MyFitnessPal I wanted to lose 2lbs a week, and it calculated 1200 calories, but told me I would only lose 1 lb/week. I had to drop the calories manually to 700 for it to say 2/week, but that doesn't seem feasible, or healthy.

I used to eat about 700 calories per day....when I weighed around 83 pounds. Oh- my hair fell out a lot. C'mon dude. You already know the answer. Unless you are a yorkshire terrier...in that case 700 calories would be appropriate.