question about adding an exercise from job?

Options
So, I work as a waitress at a fast paced sports bar and I was wondering if anyone out there adds to their exercise all the walking they do while at work? Would it be accurate enough to see if I need to eat back calories I burned from work? I am pretty confused about this so I need help. I have realized that if I try to stay within my limit and not track any exercise I am so fatigued by the end of the day, I'm just wondering if I should start logging my work hours as like a slow paced walking type thing and eat back the calories it tells me too. Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• danistirling
    Options
    I'd love to hear the responses to this as well. I'm a server too and I power walk for 3-4 hours, sometimes more a day.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Your job should be reflected in the activity level you set when you set up your MFP goals. You select the appropriate activity level for your job and eat those calories. You don't add anything extra.

I have a desk job, so my activity level was sedentary.

A waitress would have a more active level, and so a bigger calorie allowance
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse so I walk a lot at work as well. However I set my activity to sedentary and wear a Fitbit to track my steps. It syncs with MFP and I eat those calories back. I feel like this is more accurate than trying to enter an activity level since some days are busier than others and on my off days sometimes I'm lazy.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's actually a really good idea, I should probably get one of those for myself :) thanks for the advice!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Your job should be reflected in the activity level you set when you set up your MFP goals. You select the appropriate activity level for your job and eat those calories. You don't add anything extra.

I have a desk job, so my activity level was sedentary.

A waitress would have a more active level, and so a bigger calorie allowance

^ I agree with this, you should change your activity level which should give you a little more calories to eat.