frustrated and need support and friends

Options
hi all.. i have been around here nearly two years.. i originally lost 50 pounds and was only 10 pounds away from my goal.. was a lose size 6! from a 16. I ran my first race, the warrior race and did fantastic (solidly in the middle of my age group). after the race i had to have surgery on my knee to repair a double torn meniscus. this put me back a few weeks but i went back at it .. lifting, running, etc. unfortunately in my goal to keep going, i didn't let me knee heal properly and it got to the point i could no longer deal with the pain and had a second surgery to repair another torn meniscus and bone chips from my knee in December. I have tried to behave and let the knee heal.. just as i was set to return, i messed up my shoulder. i have had two shots in my shoulder. so now, i am all healed up and ready to start back.. meanwhile, i have GAINED nearly 30 pounds back. im very very frustrated and disappointed in my self. i could really use some friends to support me and give me a gentle or not so gentle nudge when i start slipping again. ... my goal is to get down to 130 pounds.. that is nearly 35 pounds away! and a nice size 4 (im currently a tight 8.. ugh.) thanks in advance for your support.. :)

Replies

• jbwilliams888
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can support each other! :)
  • Angelharmonie
    Options
    Hi I'm new at this but I feel encouraged by your story. Congrats on what you have accomplished in spite of the set backs. You truly are a fighter. I just know you'll dig deep and keep pressing forward. Stay strong!
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree! Feel free to add me as well. I'm at the beginning of my journey so we can do this together.

I know it sucks to be so close to your goal and then keep having setbacks, but don't give up!
  • jididier
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Hitting close to your goal weight and feeling good, and then gaining it back is tough. It really does a number on your mentality! Feel free to add me, I'm working my way back down to my goal weight (which I've been at comfortably before!) right now and would love your support as well!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I would like you to nudge me as well as I have been having trouble staying motivated as I have been battling depression lately