Losing more than expected...a bit wordy

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
IDK if I'm overestimating my calories, but I'm only set to a half pound a week (so...250 cal deficit) and have been going between 30 and 130 cals over my goal nearly every day and still I'm seeing a loss of about a pound a week. The last time I entered my weight here was on 10/22. I weighed 183.4. Today is 11/2. I weigh 182.0. Now that is a pound and a half (my scale only does 0.2 lb increments) in a week and a half.

This means, I'm really only at a 220 to 120 cal deficit, but I'm still managing a pound a week when MFP says I should only be managing a half pound per week. Of course, I'm only looking at 1.5 weeks for this, but it feels good to think about it this way. :bigsmile:

OK, so I look at this in the perspective of the overall time/weight since I've been on MFP...

Look: 13.8 weeks and a loss of 14 lbs.

Again, I get a pound a week. For the first month, I was trying the whole 1200 cal, lose 2 lbs per week idea, and I've since come to my senses that 1200 cal is not reasonable for me (the fatigue, confusion, lack of concentration, etc etc). I'm up to just over 1300 cals as my goal to reach 0.5 lbs per week. I'm logging what little exercise I do, and I'm logging everything that goes in my mouth.

I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but it's working better than expected. :glasses: It's good enough to be able to lace my corset ALL.THE.WAY. and to be able to fit into one I bought too small.

Replies

• DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    To my understanding your -500 calorie deficit is built into your calories that you are allowed.( if you were at -1lb per week in preferences)
    If you are eating a deficit of 120-200 less than they tell you to eat you are at a -620- to -700 calories per day x that by 7 days and it does add up to more than 1 lb. per week.

BTW...Great job! :)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Oh **smacks forehead** I have it set for a WHOLE pound per week. Silly me. Carry on. Life's good. :blushing: But still... I'm going a smidge over and still losing at goal. Nevermind. carry on. helps to check my settings before posting something and looking like a fool.:grumble:

d.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations, darkrose!
    You've done a great job!
    One pound per week is sustainable rate of loss.
    You may be more active than the value you entered into the calculator
    when you figured out your calories at the beginning.

Your photo makes me want to find a tutu, too.

Best wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!