Good tasting protein powder!!

Options
HELP!! I need to know the best tasting protein powder I can buy at GNC. I want something that almost tastes like chocolate milk when mixed, if possible!! anyone have any suggestions?? thanks!!!

Replies

• cheninmatthews21
    cheninmatthews21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything from GMC, but Trader Joe's Chocolate Flavored Whey Protein Powder mixed with Vanilla Almond Milk tasted pretty close to chocolate milk to me.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite protein powder if Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey in the Chocolate Shake flavor. It actually tastes really good, not just good for a protein powder. My roommate was stealing it off me because he liked the way it tastes, haha. Here is a site if you want to see what other people say about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Performance-Supplements-Chocolate/dp/B006MKAQPQ

Editing to add:

They have this protein powder on bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/performance-whey.html
  • nicole0118
    nicole0118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, no trader joe's :( I got GNC or bodybuilding.com to choose from!!!
  • nicole0118
    nicole0118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks will check it out!
  • cuppycat
    cuppycat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Protein Whey Powder I got off Amazon (you can also find it in the reg grocery store like Fred Meyers). I love the taste and yes the almond milk helps too! I know different people have diff tastes when I comes to protein drinks. Some I've tried and didn't like at all, others have raved about. Just gotta find one you like. Oh, and on the Pure Protein, I've tried the already liquid kind and hate it. But the powder tastes really good. Not sure what's up with that but that's what I've found.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My Go To is ON Double Chocolate....... :drinker:
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Dymatize iso 100 whey -chocolate
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I like met-rx
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've had Chocolite Protein. I bought it a local regular grocery store.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The GNC by my house is a rip off. I get my stuff from amazon.com w/ free shipping.

I love About Time protein. Chocolate is really good but I think I'm ready to order a new flavor. Unflavored is also a staple for me since i can sneak it into dishes that don't provide much protein otherwise. For example, I added it to my Chinese dish (egg foo young gravy, half portion). If you do order this type, refine your search to show you only the free shipping options (on the left side of the screen) and you should pay around $35-40 for a 2-pound supply.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Metabolic Reset from Amazon.com. Tastes better than any other I've had. Includes fiber to help keep you full.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabon and Trutein choc pb cup
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Promasil. Best protein powder I have tried. I usually mix with in a blender bottle with unsweetened almond milk,

http://www.rivalus.net/products/promasil
  • windycityaj
    Options
    Dr. Mercola Protein Powder (vanilla). Awesome taste, mixes smooth...yum!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate & Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla are in my cupboard right now. They're awesome bases - mixed with almond milk, ice & maybe frozen fruit - tastes like a "real" milkshake.

I really like PB2, a peanut butter flavored powder, mixed it add pure yumminess
  • jodi41086
    Options
    GNC is over priced too. try supplement warehouse.. isopure is AMAZING, Isoflex is AMAZING!!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate & Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla are in my cupboard right now. They're awesome bases - mixed with almond milk, ice & maybe frozen fruit - tastes like a "real" milkshake.

I really like PB2, a peanut butter flavored powder, mixed it add pure yumminess

Agreed I've had the Rich chocolate and its alright
  • combatrock76
    combatrock76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trutein
    http://truscience.com/trutein.html

They have eight flavors:
    Chocolate Truffle
    Vanilla
    Pumpkin Pie
    CinnaBun
    Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cup
    Orange Creamsicle
    Banana Cream
    Peach Mango

I bought the CinnaBun and honestly I find it too sweet. I think I am going to get a more neutral favor like Vanilla and jazz it up with berries.