Paleo/Keto/Primal way of eating, looking for buddies

Options
I've been seeing a personal trainer, doing my own research and seeing a nutritionist. After lengthy health questionnaires with my nutritionist it has been suggested that I eliminate gluten, eat low carb, and eat whole fat. This is a way of eating I have tried before, had tons of energy, felt great, but then fell off the wagon and never looked back. But I'm older, wiser and more motivated than ever (only 20 pounds from goal) to do what will serve my body best. However, I know it's hard to do this drastic way of life alone so I'm hoping to find friends who will help me along the way. Please friend request me if you follow this way of life. Thanks, M.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Maybe you want to re post at one of the MFP groups with similar interest.

You can find them at the "Groups" options in the the dark blue banner above.

here is one link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • ElusivePete
    ElusivePete Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I ask why you were advised to eliminate gluten? Have you had a reaction to it?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto! I decided to give it a try at the end of July, after the scale not moving for months and I'm now 20 lbs lighter.
  • SarahSteele89
    Options
    I've just started doing keto a week ago and i'm looking for new buddies too =) so feel free to send me a friend request!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I try my best to eat clean and paleo-ish if you want to add me :)
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I ask why you were advised to eliminate gluten? Have you had a reaction to it?

Hi, Pete. Just wanted to comment that you look kinda like writer/director Kevin Smith. Cheers!
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    I've just started as well :)
  • careohline33
    Options
    Hi, new to keto too. Please add me. Diary additions/changes/suggestions would be appreciated!
  • blp2
    blp2 Posts: 12
    Options
    This is my second stint on keto (first time on I dropped 20lbs in two months) and I absolutely love it, it's been the most effective form of "dieting" for me, glad to have found others on MFP who are doing the same
  • Ptah182
    Options
    Been doing Keto for about 3 months. I've dropped 50 and hit a plateau, but I think I've broken through it by increasing my gym time and switching up my diet. If I don't break through it by the end of the week I'll try a 20/4 fast to get over it. Every week I learn more about keto, my body, and how to make it work. If any one wants to add me to talk about keto or whatever, I'm down.
  • hannahchch29
    hannahchch29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey!! Im about to 'try' and start the keto way of eating but not totally sure what im doing! Id be keen to milk your knowledge lol
  • hannahchch29
    hannahchch29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i've been grain/sugar free for two years, my family follows scd for some behavior issues with our oldest and my husband and i have learned to love eating this way. i started keto 5 weeks ago to loose the weight i've gained since i stopped breastfeeding. Five weeks and I've lost 11 pounds, 10 to go!