not able to reach 1200cals/day

Options
Hi there...i am 29yrs old single with 5'6'' height and 137 weight...my problem is i dont feel like eating anything nowadays...its been a month and i hardly reached 1200cals for few days while most of the days , i end up at 900-1000cals...I knw these are too low and a female should eat minimum 1200cals..So, kindly suggest me what should i do so that i reach upto 1200cals a day (atleast, if not more)

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You said you don't feel like eating anything? Do you not want to eat because you're not hungry, or is there something else going on (fatigue, sadness, stress, etc.)?

Try eating more calorie dense foods, like full fat yogurt, nuts, nut butters, avocados, full-fat milk instead of skim. Replace your 'diet' foods with regular whole foods (ie instead of getting light wheat bread get 100% whole grain bread.)
  • LaurenMariex33
    Options
    If you find yourself under by the end of the day, maybe have a calorie dense "treat". I really like dipping sliced apples in almond butter (170 calories for 2 tbsp). It's calorie dense and full of good fats.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the answer. Peanut butter is ALWAYS the answer. Unless the answer is bacon or ice cream. :bigsmile:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    In my experience this stage will pass. For me it was about 6 or 8 weeks in that my weight loss stalled on 1200/day and my appetite returned. I started using the TDEE method then.

Is it really because you're not hungry or are you telling yourself you shouldn't be eating. When you first start out it's hard to think of possibly eating more! In any case, like others have suggested, try eating more calorie dense foods. I like chocolate! Nuts, avocados, oils are all great ways to get a lot of calories without needing to eat a lot.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You said you don't feel like eating anything? Do you not want to eat because you're not hungry, or is there something else going on (fatigue, sadness, stress, etc.)?

Try eating more calorie dense foods, like full fat yogurt, nuts, nut butters, avocados, full-fat milk instead of skim. Replace your 'diet' foods with regular whole foods (ie instead of getting light wheat bread get 100% whole grain bread.)

I dont feel like anything but i dnt feel myself hungry....if you view my diary, you'll notice i dnt take low fat dairy. but still couldn;t cross even a minimum of 1200cals :(
  • nickychicky
    Options
    I have the same problem but allergic to nuts so looking forward to the answers you get.
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    In my experience this stage will pass. For me it was about 6 or 8 weeks in that my weight loss stalled on 1200/day and my appetite returned. I started using the TDEE method then.

Is it really because you're not hungry or are you telling yourself you shouldn't be eating. When you first start out it's hard to think of possibly eating more! In any case, like others have suggested, try eating more calorie dense foods. I like chocolate! Nuts, avocados, oils are all great ways to get a lot of calories without needing to eat a lot.

Actually i am suffering from PCOS, so i can't eat sweets like others and because of that i am lacking in my daily cals quota :(
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    At some point you must of been able to eat more than 1200 cals otherwise you wouldn't need to be on this site.
    Think about what type of higher calorie foods you can eat and do that.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's not true.
  • ntatbeeq
    Options
    That's not true.

whts not true Berry??
  • rlinaresv
    Options
    Really?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Actually i am suffering from PCOS, so i can't eat sweets like others and because of that i am lacking in my daily cals quota :(

I feel your pain when it comes to PCOS. Protein and fats are your friend. I noticed you're using olive oil, which is good. Do you like cheese? If so, cheese can help you ... most swiss and cheddar cheeses will give you about 70-100 calories per slice. Greek yogurt is good for a protein boost.
  • Booschmoop
    Booschmoop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you can would get to 1200 if you add some protein and more calorie dense veggies and fruits. Add a banana, some greek yogurt, nuts or nut spreads or beans. They are all higher in calories and a small amount of them to your meals will bump up the calorie counts enough to get you there.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Well, I looked at a few of your days in your diary. I see you eat 0.6 of a large egg ??? How do you not eat a whole egg?. You had 8g of carrots, is that like 2 super thin slices? 0.8 of a cucumber??? What?? You list an apple, but only 42g. A smaller apple is around 156g. so what did you do, eat one small wedge?

You could hit 1200 easily if you would eat the whole food.. 1 egg, 1 apple, 1 carrot, etc
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but allergic to nuts so looking forward to the answers you get.

Go to the Specialty cheese counter at Whole Foods (or Wegman's, though, I don't know how liberal their sampling policy is) ... ask to sample some different chesses, find ones you like, buy them, eat them ... Problem solved ...
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    At some point you must of been able to eat more than 1200 cals otherwise you wouldn't need to be on this site.

I don't usually comment on these boards so I didn't quote correctly. She is wrong. Not everyone who comes here has a problem with calories consumed. Some people have health problems. She is a rude member and wrong to assume
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

I don't usually comment on these boards so I didn't quote correctly. She is wrong. Not everyone who comes here has a problem with calories consumed. Some people have health problems. She is a rude member and wrong to assume
    So she's rude because she doesn't have the same opinion as you? Sorry to disagree it's a fairly reasonable assumption. Those with health problems leading to weight gain are a very small minority in all likelihood less than 1%. Most people are within normal ranges and it just comes down to calories in and calories out.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you have a really healthy diet. add a little more oil and you'll have your calories. really it's about the nutrients and I don't see a lot of junk taking up calories.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is the answer. Peanut butter is ALWAYS the answer. Unless the answer is bacon or ice cream. :bigsmile:

Ah amen to this!
  • googlebear123
    Options
    how? i eat 1200 for breakfast.