flat belly with no surgery needed? any1 have any pics?

Options
so i dont have a certain goal weight, i just want a flatter belly. I started out at 144 and now am 126 :drinker: i know belly fat is last to go, but about 4 people i work with says the only way to officially get rid of it is lipo, which is discouraging to hear. anyways, i dont want that done and wanted to see or hear that anyone else that had that problem overcome it and get a flatter belly. Thanks!

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You can't spot-reduce - you just have to lose weight overall. I just posted a picture of myself at nearly 200 lbs and my current size of about 160 and my little beer gut is almost gone. Lipo is a quick way to get rid of fat cells - you can shrink them through diet. HTH.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My husband got rid of his by strength training. And I have lost 5.5" on my stomach. I did the 30 day crunch challenge and have started the 30 day ab challenge. As well as doing full body strength training.
    50977748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Many of us will always have a little bump at the lower part of the stomach even with almost no fat there. I have visible abs, so the bump doesn't bother me. I did it all through diet and working out (mostly heavy lifting). No lipo. Even if I did lipo it wouldn't remove the bump.

PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg
  • lap012165
    Options
    First, USMCMP your my hero. Second, CLA or Tonalin will help with the belly bump. At 46 I still had the bump from a daughter that I gave birth to 24 year ago and after taking this its gone. I swear it works! I get mine at bodybuilding.com and i get the buy two 180 count get one free. Will never be without it. Read up and see what you think. It's Safflower oil. Trust Me!! Not a drug and it works.
    Good Luck
  • usmcmp
    Options
    First, USMCMP your my hero. Second, CLA or Tonalin will help with the belly bump. At 46 I still had the bump from a daughter that I gave birth to 24 year ago and after taking this its gone. I swear it works! I get mine at bodybuilding.com and i get the buy two 180 count get one free. Will never be without it. Read up and see what you think. It's Safflower oil. Trust Me!! Not a drug and it works.
    Good Luck

Thank you! I'm a competitive bodybuilder and there's no fat there. It's just how my body is shaped. That's natural for many women. CLA or Tonalin will not remove the tissue that is there, it's lean mass.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The small bump at the bottom of your belly, if you have had children, can only be surgically fixed on most. According to my ob/gyn once you have had a baby, the stretching splits 2 of the lower ab muscles apart, to be perfectly flat most would need those 2 muscles stitched back together. Personally I have seen many great success stories of some fab looking moms with great looking bellies (like @usmcmp). If you are lifting I believe you could strengthen and tighten those muscles to make them look as they would pre-baby.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    The small bump at the bottom of your belly, if you have had children, can only be surgically fixed on most. According to my ob/gyn once you have had a baby, the stretching splits 2 of the lower ab muscles apart, to be perfectly flat most would need those 2 muscles stitched back together. Personally I have seen many great success stories of some fab looking moms with great looking bellies (like @usmcmp). If you are lifting I believe you could strengthen and tighten those muscles to make them look as they would pre-baby.

Thank you! I had that bump before having kids.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Not as impressive as usmcmp but i got a flat(ish) tummy after 6 pregnancies.
    11614737_8128.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it's due to your organ placement and such. Really, can't worry about it/ do anything about it (but maybe suck it in for pictures). I have lose skin from my pregnancies but "the bump" is something different.

<- 3 babies.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    11614737_8128.jpg

Shut it. That's incredibly impressive. You're gorgeous, Yanicka.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    my tummy is the (normally) same way.. though right now Im pregnant with #7 :P so I wont post lol. I did it by also exercising and diet. I did the Whole 30 diet and lost a lot of fat stores in hard to get/tone places. I learned my body doesnt tolerate carbs very well. I have not had a separation of muscle that was permanent but I do planks for abs and zumba. I dont waste too much time doing the average crunch. I dont see much result from it. Im srue everyone has a different combo but after working out so hard for years and not seeing much muscle definition the whole 30 was awesome for that!!! I saw muscle that I had worked so hard for all those years! Good luck but you can definitely do it without the surgery ;)
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    11614737_8128.jpg
    Not impressive...are you crazy...lol You look great!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I also had 2 children - both via C-sections

insanity3.jpg
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration ladies! Gives me real hope that I can succeed in getting rid of my 2 CS overhang! You all look amazing!
  • usmcmp
    Options

Pretty sure it's due to your organ placement and such. Really, can't worry about it/ do anything about it (but maybe suck it in for pictures). I have lose skin from my pregnancies but "the bump" is something different.

<- 3 babies.

I'm not at all worried about it. I know it's tissue/lean mass. I'm okay with the way I'm shaped. I also have loose skin from pregnancies, but that tucks into my pants or swimming suit.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

<- 3 babies.

I'm not at all worried about it. I know it's tissue/lean mass. I'm okay with the way I'm shaped. I also have loose skin from pregnancies, but that tucks into my pants or swimming suit.

Oh yeah, I figured you (usmcp) weren't. I meant the general "you" as in women... or something.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    11614737_8128.jpg

Shut it. That's incredibly impressive. You're gorgeous, Yanicka.

Awww you make me blush. Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!