Body giving up

Options
I'm hoping someone has a solution or knows why this is happening.

It's happened a few times to me. I start my work out (ones I've done before like running or a work out video) and I get into it then my body just says no. I feel fatigued and my muscles just give up.

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Can you give a little bit more information?

How much do you eat?
    How often do you workout?
    What kinds of workout?
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough calories to fuel your exercise, or you may not be getting enough sleep (or water). If you body is "giving up", it is probably saying "I need something". If you tweak what and when you eat (sleep/drink) with no improvement, probably best to see a doctor - especially if this is a change from prior experience. Good luck!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Just read your 'About me' note :).

Could it simply be willpower? I'm adding you either way.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping someone has a solution or knows why this is happening.

It's happened a few times to me. I start my work out (ones I've done before like running or a work out video) and I get into it then my body just says no. I feel fatigued and my muscles just give up.

You've got to want it.

Perhaps try some different activities that you may take to, until you find one that sticks?

I doubt your "muscles just give up". I think it's the will behind the muscles that gives up!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    COuld be not eating enough, or what you eat, typically I say a carb is a carb, but if its greasy or sugary it can give you problems... Also, how long between eating and working out are you waiting? Maybe try to have a light snack before hitting the gym...
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you're eating too few calories or too little protein, this would make working out difficult.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Like previous posters said, there could be more than a few reasons for this. A few weeks ago I noticed the same thing happen to me while I was lifting weights. I was about 10 minutes in when my muscles just fatigued out and I couldn't lift anymore. At the time I had lowered my calorie target to 1350 and I think it was just too little given how active I am. I upped my daily calories by around 200 on days I work out hard. This worked for me and I haven't fatigued out since.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was / am going through this at the moment. In my case should have been eating a bit more. I am more active than I thought on work days. Also I had a blood test and my iron and vitamin B 12 levels are low, and actually dropped on the second check up . Another thing that makes things worse, is if I don't get enough fluids. I try and drink plenty of water and if I have been out on a long walk or run on a hot day, and have sweated a lot , powerade helps.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    How often are you working out? Do you invorporate rest days in to your schedule?
  • Chriswind
    Chriswind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. I checked out my food diary after reading everyone's replies and each day I had difficult work outs I ate too few calories the previous day. I believe that might be the problem.

(Also some more information about my workouts just because that was in question: I have three main workouts I alternate between. Elliptical, work out vids and running. The days when my body gave out on me I couldn't keep up with even less than what I usually am able to do.)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Everybody who is exercising at a level that will improve their fitness feels "fatigued".

You just have to want it, and keep it working through it. And make sure you're appropriately fueled.
  • frankiedb
    frankiedb Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Besides checking your cals how often are you training? Maybe you need some rest if your over training. Are you sleeping enough?

Stress is a big factor with me. If I'm stress out then my workout is shot.

If all above is good then just push yourself. Set your goals and stay motivative, I constantly switch the tunes I'm listening to.

I sometimes grab a coffee and an apple before my workout.

Good luck!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. I checked out my food diary after reading everyone's replies and each day I had difficult work outs I ate too few calories the previous day. I believe that might be the problem.

(Also some more information about my workouts just because that was in question: I have three main workouts I alternate between. Elliptical, work out vids and running. The days when my body gave out on me I couldn't keep up with even less than what I usually am able to do.)

Food is our fuel and our body needs it in a healthy moderation... In for updates after trying to eat more the day before...