How do you know?

Options
How do you know when to change your weight... how long do you guys wait? What if we check in once a week and only once. Since I weigh myself daily I see that there can be a lb or 2 variability from day to day (although I haven't seen the scale fluctuate UP since my plateau which was probably muscle gain). Do any of you have a "system" for when you'll change your weight on here? Just curious. :happy:

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    How do you know when to change your weight... how long do you guys wait? What if we check in once a week and only once. Since I weigh myself daily I see that there can be a lb or 2 variability from day to day (although I haven't seen the scale fluctuate UP since my plateau which was probably muscle gain). Do any of you have a "system" for when you'll change your weight on here? Just curious. :happy:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I check on Monday mornings. For me, that makes me get right back in the saddle if I was a baaaad girl on the weekend. :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, on Tuesdays. I'm always alittle nervous the day before, which is what I am right now! But, I've been doing great with my eating and exercising, so hopefully tomorrow will be "good" to me! :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just weight myself every Saturday morning before I eat or drink anything. I try (but frequently fail) not to get on the scale any other time. I find that I get weirdly obsessed if I weigh daily and end up jumping on the scale everytime I go to the bathroom. Not healthy. The once a week thing is better.
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Same here. Once a week on Wednesday mornings. Mid week gives me the boost to finish strong for the rest of the week:happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I change my weight anytime I lose any amount of weight--I like to see the ticker change!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday morning. I had to break my ten times a day habit because I was overly obsessed with the number. I refuse to weigh the week Aunt Flo/Mother Nature comes to visit. :explode:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I couldn't help weighing in this morning b/c I had a tough weekend, but I usually weigh in on Friday morning. I'm better during the week at exercise and healthy food choices (less temptation), and that helps me resist on the weekends!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I spent almost all of this past week at 200.0 each morning I weighed in (I only weigh in after going to the bathroom and before eating so the controls are relatively reliable...). Yesterday I was pleased to no end to see 199.0 on my scale and this morning I weighed in and it said 196.4. I moved the scale onto a different hard floor thinking it was the floor and it was the same. Then 10 mins later it was 197.4 which is what remained for the next 1/2 hour (I usually only weigh once but I had to keep checking). I decided to change my ticker to reflect 197.4lbs because if I did weigh in only once a week and if I'd taken my first weight it would be a pound lower... Anyway, I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings!

I just can't believe I'm so close to the 20lb mark! That's a lot of weight! (when I think in the context of weight lifting I have a really clear idea of what 20lbs feels like - as much as I can't believe I was "wearing" that on my body, I can only imagine how I'll feel when the other 55 or so come off!!) I know the first weight is easier weight which I do bear in mind, but it has felt so easy to shed that. Who knew?!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday for me. :drinker: :drinker: