I'm sticking with it this time, but need support.

Options
Greetings All,

I have been a member of MFP for about a year and a half, and randomly throughout that time I have started and quit 5 - 7 times. I would do well for a couple of weeks then life would happen and I would never get back into it. Not only am I at my heaviest and want to change that, but I also don't want to have to deal with the health problems my mom is facing when I get to her age. I am hoping to make those changes in my life that she never took.

I do have a little personal support as well since my boyfriend is trying to lose weight as well. We are doing two different approaches though. He is planning to do keto (low carb), and I would like to just eat healthier as well as exercise on a regular basis as I feel I will be able to maintain it more long term.

I'm a 27 year old teacher. I stand 5'4 and currently weigh 235, I'm hoping to get down to 140 - 150. I know it will be a long journey, but I plan on sticking to it this time.

If you are in a similar situation or just looking for support in general please let me know.

Thanks!

Replies

• lasirena74
    Options
    Hi! I'm so relieved to read your post. I too am in a Similar situation. I joined MFP 1 year ago at 175 and quit after a week. It was difficult holding myself accountable for the food choices I was making. I decided to stop the program and live in denial. Fast forward a year and now I weigh 191 :(. Being in denial hurt nobody but me. It's difficult to face my food issues. For me food comforts me when anxiety kicks in. The increased weight makes me sluggish and I feel really ugly. I have to deal with this head on. I'm hoping I can find support out there. I don't have a big support system, and am hoping I can find some within this program. Right now I feel like I need to be confined to a padded room for about 4 months, so I can drop the weight. I know that seems drastic.
  • jbwilliams888
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • ymlewicki1
    ymlewicki1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel Free To Add Me Anyone! I am doing Medithin, just finished week 4 and going strong! Let's share recipes & ideas!
  • icandothis1313
    Options
    I am in the exact same situation you are in. I have tried this so many times and gave up. Feel free to add me I am looking for support on my journey. My goal is to lose 60 to 70 lbs.

Let's do this :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have been on MFP for around 2 yrs. I started by weighing myself every day, logging all food and exercise and reading these posts every morning to stay motivated. I reached my goal weight and after some time, stopped my routine. Guess what - gained weight. Now I am back to my routine and the weight is coming off. When I stopped, I ate, binged, drank and was in denial. I kept saying I would start on Monday but Monday came and went for months. I am a black and white person so saying NO to all is easier than having a little of this and that.

You can do it.
  • mightyjockster
    mightyjockster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thios is going to be so familiar to a lot of people! It's easy to startm, but so hard to keep going.

Feel free to add me- that goes for everyone!
  • JaniceM73
    Options
    I can totally relate! Today is my 3rd attempt to get back on track....I need all the support I can get as well.

Anyone please feel free to add me :)

Weigh to go everyone....it all starts here!