P90x, Insanity or Kettle bells?

Options
I am on day 61 of P90x and absolutely love it, I am sure most of my weightless is due to a controlled diet as much as the exercise however, I am starting to struggle to find that hour a day at the right time to workout, after seeing the kettle bell infomercial on TV I was very curious how effective it can be doing just a 20 minute workout three times a week,

So my question is, is the kettle bell workout as good as the TV ads show or realistically if you aren't doing it for an hour at least 6 times a week you aren't going to get the same results?

How does Insanity rate against P90x?

I'd love to hear from someone who has tried all three.

Thanks,
Andy

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Can't tell you much about the Kettlebell workout as i never did it but i can speak about the Beachbody program. Insanity is quite different from P90X as it is mostly high intensity interval workouts compared to P90X where you have Yoga, Resistance training, Plyo, Kenpo,etc....

If you are looking for a quick workout and love P90X, why don't you wait until december and get yourself P90X3 !!

P90X3 is gonna be a 21 something workouts program. Each workout will be only 30 minutes! You also have the option of Focus T25, which is 25 minutes workouts 5 times per week.

Feel free to contact me if you want more information about any beachbody program!
  • Albertrud
    Albertrud Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, 3rd December is my 90th day, this could work out very well. :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    The primary exercise I do is kettlebells, and I'm loving the results so far. I take classes 3-4 times per week, and they're 45-60 minutes long.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are your goals? My issue with going from p90x to insanity is you will lose a considerable amount of strength gains as you wont have the additional resistance. I like P90X2 (doing it now) as it takes it to another level (deviates from the basic moves. Adds a lot in terms of balance and core). But seeing x3 is coming out, I will be getting that.