Low Calorie Cookbooks

Options
Off10h8ed
Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
I am looking into the following cookbooks:

The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook : Quick and Easy Recipes for Delicious Low-fat Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Desserts - Nancy Hughes

The 1500-Calorie-a-Day Cookbook - Nancy Hughes

Betty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook: 300 tasty meals for eating healthy every day (Betty Crocker Books) - Betty Crocker Editors

The Biggest Loser Quick & Easy Cookbook: Simply Delicious Low-calorie Recipes to Make in a Snap - Devin Alexander

Yes? No?

Does anyone own any of these? If so, can I please get feedback so I know if any or all are a good investment.
Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Nobody is using anything remotely close to these?
    Any recommendations at all for low calorie cookbooks?
  • SaraBuzz
    Options
    I recommend Hungry Girl cookbooks, so easy and so delicious! :)
  • pdehoog
    pdehoog Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

i would like to suggest this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Italian-Diet-Gino-DAcampo/dp/1856269116

It has some very nice and quick recipes in it and is focused on losing weight.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl did just come out with a huge book on the 16th. It has some great reviews so far.

I looked up the Nancy Hughes books on Amazon and they don't have the best reviews rating.

The Betty Crocker book got some great reviews, though.

The Biggest Loser cookbook didn't get great reviews either. If I were going to get a Biggest Loser Cookbook, it would be their Family Cookbook. You might have to scale down recipes if you aren't feeding a family, but it's gotten great reviews as compared to the other one.
  • thethei
    Options
    Could not agree more, been doing the Hairy Dieter's recipes for over two months now and only come across one that was not to my liking.
  • _Wucykins_
    Options
    I would suggest "The Hairy Dieters" cookbook.
    I have been trying out loads of recipes from this book and they taste fantastic. They are so easy to do and the Chicken Korma is delicious!!!

I completely agree its a fantastic book, I haven't tried the chicken korma yet mostly because of the number of ingredients and being at university at the moment. But I absolutely love the lamb hotpot.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i really love my taste of home comfort food diet cookbook, so many good recipes
  • suemoony
    suemoony Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would suggest "The Hairy Dieters" cookbook.
    I have been trying out loads of recipes from this book and they taste fantastic. They are so easy to do and the Chicken Korma is delicious!!!

I completely agree its a fantastic book, I haven't tried the chicken korma yet mostly because of the number of ingredients and being at university at the moment. But I absolutely love the lamb hotpot.

If you do get around to making the Korma sauce, I suggest you double up on the recipe and then you'll have some to freeze for next time (saves loads of time). It really is delicious and nowhere near as fattening as the takeaway.
    You could try health food shops for smaller quantities of the spices and you don't have to put saffron in it as that can be expensive too. :smile:
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest the Cooking Light cookbook series (especially The Essential Dinner Tonight)....lots of low calorie meal options that are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious!
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump for later so I can grab the links when I am at home
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked into any cook books but I have tried a lot of the recipes on Skinnytaste.com ,so tasty, my family doesn't even notice that they are so called "diet" meals lol
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the new "Hungry Girl" TO THE MAX!!! cookbook. Pricey but AWESOME.
    Tried the egg mug classic - so quick, so simple, so good. 125 calories!!!!
    Next time will add a little salsa!!!
  • crunch173
    crunch173 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy cookbooks are: The Whole LIfe Nutrition Cookbook, Clean Food and Clean Start. The last two cook books are broken down by season and focuses on whole foods and buying/eating local.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the 'Skinny ***** in the Kitchen' by Freedman and Barnouin. Not recommended if you A) are sensitive (WHEW THIS BOOK CALLED ME FAT) and B) Can't hack the vegan. But it's great for ideas and ways to supplement whole food concepts into your kitchen.
  • crunch173
    crunch173 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy cookbooks are: The Whole LIfe Nutrition Cookbook, Clean Food and Clean Start. The last two cook books are broken down by season and focuses on whole foods and buying/eating local.
  • Bekarington
    Bekarington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I live out of the Hairy Biker Dieter books and the lil good food low carb and low fat books! :)
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Its not a book but loads of 300cal meals .-) http://www.pinterest.com/search/?q=300+cal+meals
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I always find the best recipes on allrecipes.com, , they list calories per serving at the end of each recipe and you can always find just what you're looking for by using search.
  • april1445
    Options
    The looney spoons cookbook is very good too. Thanks for the other suggestions. Will look them up right now.