Drinking more water

Options
Today ive started to try and drink more water. I reckon it will take a while before i get in to the habit of just taking a drink of water without havng to think about it. I like water so thats not the problem. I just dont drink enough of it!

Does anyone feel it makes a difference?? or is it really no big deal?

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I stopped getting cramps while working out when I was hydrated enough, by drinking a lot of water.
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    Hi Tashie....my daughter & her husband who have done very well on this program...encourge me to drink lots and lots of water....I am not a big fan of just water...however, I did get a couple of water bottles that i like, and fill them up with good water, and then I went and bought some mixes with little or no calories..and it has helped....i am down to maybe one diet pepsi a day....and that is a maybe these days....so back to your question...I think it makes me feel less bloted...and better...and my daughter and her family drink gallons of water and they look fantastic!
  • lindabuckiewicz
    lindabuckiewicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Water help:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: s for sure. I have discovered that when I'm sometimes craving food it's not hunger, but thirst that is the reason. Now I try to have a drink of H2O, wait a few minutes and see if I am still hungry. Usually the water does the trick!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Water is a natural appetite suppressant . Lack of water can lead to over eating. You brain does not differentiate between hunger and thirst. So, when you think you are feeling hungry, your body may in fact be signaling to you that you are thirsty! If you are not consuming enough water each day and you feel hunger pains, chances are, your body really is crying out for water. In many instances people will find what they thought were hunger pangs were in fact, satisfied by water. Drinking a big glass of water whenever you feel hungry and before a meal or snack fills the stomach briefly and makes you feel fuller and stop eating sooner. Try it! You have nothing to lose, except some weight. Also, when you start drinking enough water regularly, there are great benefits. You may notice your skin significantly improve and even tired muscles will thank you. Many people find their energy is increased and constipation and headaches are reduced, as well as hunger pains.
    If drinking water all day sounds boring, spice it up a little bit with Crystal Lite packages. I LOVE their lemonade & fruit punch!!:drinker:
  • jjsleeper
    Options
    I would definitely recommend drinking between 64-80 ounces of water per day, but also watch you sodium intake because your body will hold on to it if you don't. Most people are dehydrated and don't know it because they don't drink enough water. Good luck!!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Water definitely helps!!! Less cramping, more energetic and it helps your complexion.

I drink about 4litres a day. One while doing my workout at the gym, and the rest throughout the day. I got into the habit by carrying a 1litre of water with me EVERYWHERE I go. I would then make sure I fill it up 4 times a day. It's VERY important, especially when you think that our bodies are made up of 80% water. It needs it to function correctly.

CHEERS! Here's to WATER!! :drinker:
  • Tinkaboo
    Options
    Water really does help. I'm sure you've heard of the phrase 'we are what we eat' - our bodies should be around 60% water so this needs to be constantly replaced. Also, the more water you drink, the less likely you are to mistake being dehydrated for being hungry.
    XxX
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    It has made a huge difference for me!! That and cutting down sodium and I have lost 12.4lbs in 9 days.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Water is good but just remember when you get rid of it a lot of other things are coming out to like sodium and you do need that Water is to replace what you lose due to exercise and sweating. The military came up with the 8 glasses a day thing and most of us do not do what they do each day. And water should not be a meal replacement. And remember you get ba lot of water from your foods. Fruits and veggies. So just be wise about it and don't deplete the needed salts etc that the body has by constantly flushing it out without replacing it.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    but does drinking water aid in weight loss? i'm not a fan of water - at all. in fact, i could go an entire day without drinking any liquid. i know that's bad so i make a conscious effort to drink, but i'm wondering if it's a factor in weight loss.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I hate water too, but I definitely think it's helped my weight loss considerably.
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Water is important. I purchased large water bottles (64 ounces) from Bed Bath and Beyond, but I've seen them at Stop & Shop. I fill one every morning with filtered watter and lemon slices. It does take me almost all day to drink one bottle, but its soo worth it. I've noticed on the few days that I haven't filled by bottle asap I begin to feel "off" and really crave the watter.

I still will enjoy one cup of coffee or a Dunkin Ice Tea once a day, but haven't had soda in several weeks and don't even miss it!