Everything is going well! But a few concerns!

Options
Hey guys!

First off, I'm proud to say that since I've started a diet (ahem, a lifestyle change) my weight has been steadily decreasing (so far from 83kg to 77.1kg).

However I'm a little bit concerned about today regarding my health.

See, I've stopped eating desert (I don't consider it a meal anymore) and there are some nights when my body feels like its DYING of hunger. Sounds stupid I know!
But today was a little different as I slept in to 11am, so obviously missed breakfast and ate lunch as a substitute.

So I've had a solid lunch and dinner as well, but todya I've been feeling quite cold, lethargic and 'weak' despite eating a good portion of lunch and dinner. And while I believe it's unrelated, there's been a tiny bit of pressure in my upper chest (not pain, just pressure?)

Could I have accidently made myself slightly malnourished today? I've probably only had maximum 700 calories, so could this be severely affecting my body?

Cheers guys!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    It may have absolutely nothing to do with what you ate or didn't.

You could have pulled a muscle, gotten a slight allergy or cold, or just gotten a good old fashioned chill.

Give it a couple of days before you change too much--
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just to keep this short and to the point if a bit disjointed and random (coffee hasn't kicked in yet)...No you're not eating enough calories and YES those symptoms can all be a result of not eating enough.

Maybe you can open up your diary so that we can see what you're actually eating??? Is this a normal amount of calories for you per day??

You skipped breakfast so grab a healthy snack even if its later at night??

I know that sometimes if I stay in bed longer than I normally do I feel tired and lethargic the rest of the day.

If the chest pain/pressure is worrying you head to the ER!

Good luck and best wishes!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? If you are "dying" of hunger then you're probably not eating enough.
    For the chest pressure/pain PLEASE see your doctor if it continues.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    If you get hungry in the evenings, take that into account! So save a few calories that you can eat in the evenings.

Edit, because I didn't read the entire post before commenting:
    If you eat that little every day, then yes you might have a problem.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/metric-bmr-calculator.php
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't become malnourished from missing one meal nor should you be weak, faint, have pain or anything else from one day of poor eating. Lots of people fast for at least a whole day and do it often.

You may not be eating enough in general but more likely your "symptoms" have nothing to do with your eating.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say without knowing what and how much you eat.