need VEGAN buddies!!!!

Options
need a few more vegan buddies, feel free to add me!

Replies

• dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Added =) I'd love to have more vegan friends, too! I need more people to relate to
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    totally agree
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but don't consume milk or eggs. I am happy to accept all supportive friends :)

Slainte! :drinker:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Me too! :D Vegan for 5 months and just need some people to relate to ... and stalk diaries :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here if that's of any use :smile:
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here. Add me!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    started raw veganism but struggle! Welcome more friends to support me in new life style...
  • Veganmafia
    Options
    :flowerforyou: so happy to have new veggie support :smile:
  • vegandieter1987
    vegandieter1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey i'm vegan and aiming for weight loss... trying to figure it out!! buddies?
  • ToomanyFitJulias
    Options
    Hi. I've just joined today. I'm a vegan since January. Would appreciate support. I eat too much bread!
  • paulstephenmarshall
    Options
    good luck losing weight with such limited choices to eat!! im not vegan or veggie and still find things tough!!!!
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tried to be a vegetarian but my mom scolds me because I often get sick, so now I try to be a pescetarian :))) Is that considered?
    Though now, I try to be a vegetarian and sometimes a pescetarian too HAHAHA . I tried being a pescetarian for 2 months and I lost 5 lbs :D (What's more if I'm pure vegetarian, right?)
  • kimcat73
    Options
    good luck losing weight with such limited choices to eat!! im not vegan or veggie and still find things tough!!!!

On the contrary, there is a plethora of choices for vegans. Some healthy, some unhealthy. You just have to look:)
  • kimcat73
    Options
    started raw veganism but struggle! Welcome more friends to support me in new life style...

Raw veganism definitely looks like a struggle. I'm just not ready for that. Unlike many people I've talked to, I did not go vegetarian first, I went straight into vegan. Now granted it's only been since May but I really feel like it is a huge part of me now :)
  • cuspofqueens
    Options
    Whaaat? you mean there are people like me who are trying to lose weight and be good to themselves/the environment/the world around them, too??

Awesome! What are y'all eating? I just finished my first T25 workout and I know I should eat something, but a) I'm not actually hungry right now (I rarely am after a workout) and b) I don't know what to eat!

I've been a vegan for a few months now, but of course I was totally a junk food vegan! Now that I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat, I don't know where to start! Reading everything on here has me worried about things like proteins and carbs and macronutrients and I know that a plant-based diet gives you all of those things, I just don't really know how to put it together effectively, you know?

And where exactly is that sweet spot between restricting enough calories to lose weight and restricting too much and over-eating because you just exercised anyway? Most of the healthiest vegan foods I know do not come with nutrition labels (bananas, oranges, pineapples)... and who the heck thinks about these things as they're trying to make breakfast anyway??

Eep! I think I'll just cross my fingers and see if anything looks appealing...:tongue:

Lillian
  • Veganmafia
    Options

Wow:noway: i see we lack creativity if in 2013 being vegan is considered "such limited choices to eat"...btw its not for weightloss, maybe you should ask or google it before leaving and double edged comment:glasses:
  • Veganmafia
    Options
    Whaaat? you mean there are people like me who are trying to lose weight and be good to themselves/the environment/the world around them, too??

Awesome! What are y'all eating? I just finished my first T25 workout and I know I should eat something, but a) I'm not actually hungry right now (I rarely am after a workout) and b) I don't know what to eat!

I've been a vegan for a few months now, but of course I was totally a junk food vegan! Now that I'm trying to be more conscious of what I eat, I don't know where to start! Reading everything on here has me worried about things like proteins and carbs and macronutrients and I know that a plant-based diet gives you all of those things, I just don't really know how to put it together effectively, you know?

And where exactly is that sweet spot between restricting enough calories to lose weight and restricting too much and over-eating because you just exercised anyway? Most of the healthiest vegan foods I know do not come with nutrition labels (bananas, oranges, pineapples)... and who the heck thinks about these things as they're trying to make breakfast anyway??

Eep! I think I'll just cross my fingers and see if anything looks appealing...:tongue:

Lillian

Being vegan is a similar pyramid:yawn: . If you want to know more about the nutrition side of vegan pick up the book : :flowerforyou: Plant Nutrition for dummies or Living Vegan by Jameison. Its simple, its scientific with macros and carbs etc... One misconception is that you have to eat more smh:noway: and some people hop on this train and :sad: over do it. If you want to stop being a junk vegan, cut out all the substitutes, and faux meats. Get to the basics and use the basics :flowerforyou: : vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, lentils/legumes. Shop the perimeter of the store and be creative. If you want longetivity:wink: in being vegan, vegeteraian or in any way of eating you have to cook and be creative. pick up some recipe books, google on how to make the substitutes at home from scratch and from veggies instead of fillers. there are 5 pages of groups on here with recipes and ideas. The:devil: downside with being vegan and eating vegan junkfood is in most cases you are eating things that are 3xs as rich as regular junkfood and are overall doing more harm :ohwell: then good. Keep it simple and eat what you wouldnt normally eat rather than follow a quickdraw impulse of fast food.
  • paulstephenmarshall
    Options
    contrary to what anyone says being veggie (workable) and vegan DOES limit your choices to some extent , im not saying vegans cant find anything nice to eat but the more things you leave out of your diet the more you must reduce your choices.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    vegan here HOLLAAAAAAA!
  • cindalinka
    Options
    I confess that I eat meat but it is my goal to be vegan. The reason I want to cross over is first for health reasons. The second would be for the enviroment. (After watching 'Eating' I decided I need to give up meat) The problem is that I have no clue how. I have some vegan cookbooks. It is all overwhelming to me. If there is anyone out there that can give me pointers/advice on how to switch would be greatly appreciated. Please add me if you are ok with me asking questions on how to prepare for this journey.

Thanks!!