Earbuds? or over-the-ear headphones?

Replies

• Earbuds whenever I'm working out or out in public so I don't look like a freak wearing DJ headphones.

Over the ear headphones every other time.

Sony has been the most reliable brand for me. Every other pair seems to break after a year or two.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Earbuds whenever I'm working out or out in public so I don't look like a freak wearing DJ headphones.

LOL. I loved my huge bulky ones when they weren't broken and wore them to the gym like a boss. Somehow, my cats got to them.. So, I went with something I can easily hide in my wallet so they don't attack them anymore.
  • Earbuds whenever I'm working out or out in public so I don't look like a freak wearing DJ headphones.

LOL. I loved my huge bulky ones when they weren't broken and wore them to the gym like a boss. Somehow, my cats got to them.. So, I went with something I can easily hide in my wallet so they don't attack them anymore.

Didn't you get sweaty? :O Over the ear headphones make me sweaty even if I'm not working out.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I don't like the "feel" of the noise cancelling earbuds. They make my ears feel clogged. I know they exist. Maybe I should power through it and force myself to get used to it. Might just work out for my lawn mowing days.

i have jbuds 2 they were like $8 on amazon. They aren't the most comfortable in the world, but they have different size coverings that makes it much easier to adjust with whatever activity you're doing.

Passive rather than active noise cancelling?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Which do you prefer for your music player?

Earhooks for most use, passive noise cancelling earbuds if I'm watching a film on my tablet when I'm eating at a hotel or on the train.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Earbuds always make stuff sound echo-y and weird like when sticking your fingers in your ear and talking. Plus no matter which brand I got the wire/ connection wore out fast and needed replacing .( anywhere from a week to 2 months no longer) Love my big comfy over ear headphones.
    Kimmie
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Earbuds whenever I'm working out or out in public so I don't look like a freak wearing DJ headphones.

Didn't you get sweaty? :O Over the ear headphones make me sweaty even if I'm not working out.

I just ran the towel over them, they were that leatherette stuff, so rather easy to maintain haha :P
    That's basically why I absolutely loved them, but now they're gone, so lol. Can't find them anywhere, so just went with the in ear buds and they're okay :)
  • gimpy117
    gimpy117 Posts: 75 Member
    over the ear can fit larger drivers (the part that makes noise) so typically have better bass and sound quality
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    My ear canals are too small for earbuds. They always give me a headache. I use bluetooth headphones paired with my phone.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Ironman Yurbuds are my favorite for everything.

I have always hated earbuds because they never seem to feel comfortable. But, desperate for something small, I bought these recently. They are comfortable, sound great, and block out pretty much any other noise. :drinker: Maybe not the safest for running outside but until Spring I'm indoors on the treadmill anyway. :frown:
  • I like earbuds, but it's a hassle to find ones that fit my ear, since i have relatively small ear canals. I can't use the over-the-ear headphones, because they hurt the outside of my ears after a couple minutes of using them.
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    I like Yurbuds- They stay in place and I like to hear sounds around me some so I don't get hit by a car. Sound is good.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Designed specifically for Apple® products?
    '
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    I have some Samsung over-the-ear Bluetooth ones I have hooked through my phone when I run. Have the controls on the side for volume, and play/pause/skip and such, so it helps make Pandora easy to use. Never had a problem, other than needing to wipe sweat off the earpieces afterwards.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    omg over the ears...ear buds never stay in...they always fall out...I gave up on them
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    I normally use over ear headphones, I have Beats Pro that I use for watching stuff on my tablet on the way to work and listening to music and a set of Monster Tron headphones that sit at home connected to my computer. For running and the gym I use earbuds.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Thinksound Rain 9mm High Definition Passive Noise Isolating Wooden Headphone (Silver/Cherry)

JVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Headphones!
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Over the head every time!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    over the ear Bluetooth headphones for me.....love them