Flavored Sparkling Water

Options
Flavored Sparkling Water. Calorie free. Good or Bad?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Probably bad. Check the ingredients. IF there is artifical sweetners BAD BAD BAD. CALORIE FREE DOES NOT ME THAT IT WILL NOT CAUSE PROBLEMS
  • Theps
    Theps Posts: 15
    Options
    Good especially if it doesn't have any sugar or sodium. I asked the doctor this same question because my daughter will not drink regular water but will drink the flavored sparkling water. He said that sparkling water was better than no water at all and since it isn't loaded with sugar or sodium it would be fine.
  • Theps
    Options
    Yeah you do want to consider if you have problems with artificial sweeteners.
  • tashie1990
    tashie1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling flavored water. i always have a bottle in the fridge for when i have a sweet craving... Its great for that without the calories! yea fair enough its full of artificial sweetners... And they are bad for ya. But too much of anything is bad, so just dont go overboard i suppose.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use Poland Spring Sparkling Water with lime essence in it. It is fine, but it is not sweet, just a little lime in CO2 fizzled spring water.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care what anyone says about aspartame etc. I drink it all the time and I've lost 20lbs. I think sparkling flavored water is completely fine (i drink this as well).
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Love it. Well, some brands. Some taste too fakey.

If you're worried about the sweeteners, go for the ones with natural flavoring. I don't mind the artificial sweeteners myself since I don't drink them every day or even close to it.
  • Troutman
    Options
    What is wrong with artifical sweetners?
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We have an appliance that carbonates regular water and we love it. Sometimes we add flavor with lime or lemon juice. The brand name is Penguin.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care what anyone says about aspartame etc. I drink it all the time and I've lost 20lbs. I think sparkling flavored water is completely fine (i drink this as well).

I drink diet soda daily and I have still lost 22lbs.
  • Awinters24
    Options
    I also drink flavoured water as i don't like drinking regular water. I too have asked not only my doctor but a fitness instructor as to wether there were any problems with drinking it instead of regular water. I was told that they are both virtually the same and it is 100% better to drink it then no water at all.
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There has been some discussion that aspartame is a carcinogen and that long term use causes diseases such as alzheimer's. BUT - I still drink diet coke and crystal lite daily. For me - it's worth the risk to have that sweet zero calorie treat!
  • Theps
    Options
    We have an appliance that carbonates regular water and we love it. Sometimes we add flavor with lime or lemon juice. The brand name is Penguin.

I've never heard of this. Where do you get something like this? Sounds like something I would love to have.:love: