Need to gain weight!

rey2308
rey2308 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I am actually trying to gain some muscle weight and to be honest i have no idea what I'm doing! Could somebody please take a look at my diary and tell me if my goals are even possible. I don't really have much on there because like i said i have no idea what i"m doing. So please any advice will help!

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Your diary is not public so I can't see it to make a recommendation. Maybe it is avaialbe to your MFP friends only.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    You'll have to open your diary to public view under settings if you want us to look. Basics for gaining muscle (as far as I know), are set MFP to the gain you want per week, eat your calories but make it a good mix of proteins and complex carbs, and do some strength training. Most of us are trying to gain lean mass while losing weight, so I hope someone will have more insight for you. :wink:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    I have limited personal experience with this, but aside from this site, check out bodybuilding dot com. They have articles and forums there with advice on nutrition, especially for folks like yourself looking to add muscle. Obviously, you'll need to strength train (lift weights). You'll also need a lot of good, high-quality calories, especially protein from lean sources (chicken, fish, etc.). Diet is a big factor here, not just for bodybuilders, but for anyone trying to add muscle. Another good site mentioned elsewhere here is scoobys workshop dot com. This guy has lots of info on diet and nutrition. Several of my friends are in the same position as you are, and I know how hard it can be to add quality body mass without fat gain. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the tips! I am going to try to set it to public so maybe you guys can help me more. I am actually doing p90x but i dont have the nutrition. A friend told me about this site so i thought it might help and i think if i can get it figured out then it will be lots of help. if any of you guys can continue to help please do so. :)
This discussion has been closed.