Yess...it's a water question...

Options
I love drinking water and don't normally have a hard time getting in my water intake. I don't keep soda in the house (or I would drink it all day) and I don't like juice.

I DO however LOVE unsweetened tea.

Is unsweetened tea considered part of your 8 - 8oz glasses? Can I count it towards my water?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't contain caffeine.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    yes and no. it is water, but it is also acts like a diuretic, so although you are drinking it, it will assist you in going to the restroom. The idea of hydrating it to keep the water in.

Me personaly, I drink it, and I count it as water.
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about Crystal Light. I'm always adding the to-go packets to my water - I haven't been counting it as water, but then I never end up with 8 cups of water for the day.
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing about the Drink and Go packets they have........they are sugar-free and caffeine-free.......can they count as water?.....Anybody know out there?....I thought I remembered people saying that as long as it was calorie free and caffeine free, it could count....but not for sure...thanks in advance for any input!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    yes and no. it is water, but it is also acts like a diuretic, so although you are drinking it, it will assist you in going to the restroom. The idea of hydrating it to keep the water in.

Me personaly, I drink it, and I count it as water.

Ditto! caffeine-free counts as "water" for the day.