Cheat weekend

Options
I'm 5'9 150 pounds and exercise 6 times a week. I've been eating at a deficit for at least the last month. The last two days however, I totally lost control and have consumed probably between 8000-10000 calories from the two days combined. I have never lost control and gone on an extended cheat like this, and I am scared of what it's going to do to my body.

Replies

• DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and usually 155 pounds. I also exercise 6 times a week.

This weekend I ate 2 large pizzas (4000+ calories), an apple pie (1500+ calories), a cookie cake (3000+ calories), quarts of ice cream (5000+ calories), buttermilk biscuits (1000+ calories), and drank beer (3000+ calories).

I weighed 160 pounds this morning. I will weigh 155 tomorrow.

Moral of the story, get back on track right now and you'll be fine. It's about living an active life and eating healthy to support that life. Exceptions to this won't kill you.

It's like someone who eats 8000+ calories a day and hopes one day of eating 2000 calories will make them healthy.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Probably nothing much will happen. You'll notice some weight gain over the next few days because you probably ate a crap ton of sodium and you've also got a lot of waste in your system. Get back on track now and all will be well.
  • cspencer37
    Options
    The month 2 circuit of insanity is my primary exercise. I did the max interval circuit this morning along with a mile of alternating jogging a tenth and sprinting a tenth and a short round of weight lifting, totaling about 900 calories burned because I knew today would be a cheat day. Should I exercise some more tonight, or just get back with my regular routine tomorrow and drink lots of water?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You are exercising to eat more. Sounds like a healthy habit to develop! Everyone has cheat weekends. Drink lots of water and get back on it. :flowerforyou:
  • JulieAnnie1204
    JulieAnnie1204 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Just get back on track tomorrow. We all have off days. We need them in order to stay the course. You'll be alright.
  • cspencer37
    Options
    And do y'all have any other tips or ways to recover from a cheat day?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options

It's like someone who eats 8000+ calories a day and hopes one day of eating 2000 calories will make them healthy.
  • marniephie
    marniephie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You might bloat out for a few days and the scale might go up but it won't be as bad as you think. Just don't get complacent when nothing happens and think you can do it every weekend :)
  • marniephie
    marniephie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink loads of water after I've had a nasty binge/cheat to bloat my stomach out. The 'soreness' or your stomach makes you not want to keep eating and you aren't like to eat that food again for a long time as you remember how you felt after the bloat.

Also get back into eating healthy in the very next meal and don't compensate by changing that days eating habits :)