30 day Shred starting today! Join me :)

Options
Hi guys! I used to workout with Jillian Michaels videos two years ago and then I got into running 4 times a week 4km, about 30 minutes. Now I want to tone my body and start 30 day Shred challenge for myself. I remember this workout used to work great for me, now I'm 3kilos down from that but not as toned as before. So I start today! If you want to join me, you are welcome!

I don't like weighing myself very often, a week ago I had a weigh in and I was 53.9 kilos (118.8 pounds) and height 165cm ( 5"4' ) which is the same weight as a month ago....well my weight is stable for more than a year. I don't count calories just loooooove healthy and low calorie home-made food. I am obsessed with cooking and I love good quality food and working out :)

Replies

• becausemexico
    becausemexico Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No way! I'm starting the 30DS today, too! I won't be able to start until later tonight, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    becausemexico, perfect!!!

30.10 - day 1 Level 1 - done.

it was hard :blushing: shame on me, hardly did 16 push ups, I used to do 45 full push ups.....3 years ago :smile: I`ll get back into that shape, now I`m the leanest in my life though, time to get stronger :)
  • becausemexico
    becausemexico Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    becausemexico, perfect!!!

30.10 - day 1 Level 1 - done.

it was hard :blushing: shame on me, hardly did 16 push ups, I used to do 45 full push ups.....3 years ago :smile: I`ll get back into that shape, now I`m the leanest in my life though, time to get stronger :)

haha, feel no shame! i cannot tell you how many times i cursed jillian under my breath. but all things considered, it wasn't that bad. i know a lot of people don't like her, but you have to hand it to her, she's very motivational.

and now we get to do it all again tomorrow :)
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    Ok yesterday I hardly walked, of course I couldn't workout :)
    1.11 - day 2 done.
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    2.11 - day 3 done.

by the way, I do some yoga (15-20min) every evening and I walk over 10,000 steps every day besides Jillian workout :)
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started Friday, Nov 1. I'll be doing it 3 times a week. I also lift heavy on those days and need the rest days in between. I barely made it through the first workout and my abs have been sore for two days! LOL Love it!
  • niceyosodelicious
    Options
    Hello Im startin today. kinda nervous but i got it im large and in charge!
  • EricRazorbacks
    EricRazorbacks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wife had this, and I did it to kick start my fitness journey. Great workout. Keep at it!
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    Wow guys more people here!
    Doesn't matter if its every day or every second day , I think you will have result anyway :)

I will try to have 6 times a week but life is life busy etc.. For now it's fine just some parts of my body hurting :))

3.11 - day 4 done. Yoga on top and 10,500 steps

In the end of this program I'll post before and after pictures.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 today.. will do it later in the day though :) I am new to the weightloss thing and never did much toning workouts before but I guess its time :):) I am 5' and weight 55kg.
  • FourIsCompany
    Options
    Just finished my second day of Jillian and I can't believe I noticed a difference already! I only took 2 5-second breaks and was able to lift the weights higher for longer than the first day. Woo-Hoo!

My husband did it Saturday after his run and Jill kicked his butt, too! LOL

How's everyone doing?
  • tracimcp
    tracimcp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Can you do it everyday or do you need to alternate every other day?
  • doirone
    doirone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm back to start day 1 today!! Motivated by everyones comments.
  • gliz12
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday! So that makes me 11 days in. I've already lost about 4 lbs. Loving this workout! I am also trying the couch to 5k but have only done that about 3 times since starting. Good Luck! :smile:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm almost done tomorrow starts day 1 level 3. you all got this don't be affraid of level 2 its pretty easy compared to level 1. i love it. can't wait until tomorrow
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too!!!! I think I'm going to do it 3 days a week and run the other 3!
  • FourIsCompany
    Options
    Can you do it everyday or do you need to alternate every other day?

I think it's actually meant to be done every day, but since I lift heavy 3 times a week, I'm just doing it on my lift days, so I can have a rest day in between.
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    Just finished my second day of Jillian and I can't believe I noticed a difference already! I only took 2 5-second breaks and was able to lift the weights higher for longer than the first day. Woo-Hoo!

My husband did it Saturday after his run and Jill kicked his butt, too! LOL

How's everyone doing?

Hi!!! Oh my whole body still hurts from this almost everyday workouts. Not sure if its healthy not to give muscles a little break so I decided after this 30 day challenge to go on regular every second day workouts 3-4 times a week.

I've been travelling with my husband on the 4th so I couldn't fit in a workout but I did one the next day in hotel. Today we fly back home and I will do my workout in the evening.

5.11 - day 5 done. 10.00 steps too.
  • HealthyDrive_
    Options
    6.11 - day 6 done.