Fast Food Suggestions

Options
emAZn
emAZn Posts: 413 Member
I didn't pack my lunch and have about 410 calories to use so bring on the fast food! Any suggestions or recommendations on what to order to get the most bang for my "calorie buck"?

Replies

• seahampride74
    Options
    Probably not the answer you're looking for but I'd go for some sushi!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm what's around you?
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you have a Moe's or Chipoltle, their salads are fantastic and if you leave off the rice (very calorie heavy) then you can do it in less than 450 if you use salsa as salad dressing.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Go to McDonald's and get an Ultimate Chicken Grill no mayo and a side salad with Italian or Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.

The sandwich is 300 calories, the side salad is 20 calories, and the dressing is 10-50 depending on which you choose and how much you put on.

Alternative is their grilled chicken Caesar salad with the Vinaigrette dressing and a fruit&yogurt parfait.

Subway is good too. Pretty much any 6" cold cut sub (turkey, club, roast beef), with avocado or light mayo, is under 400 calories even after you have apple slices on the side.
  • emAZn
    Options
    pretty much every standard fast food arby's, kfc, taco bell, mcdonalds, wendy's ect.... mmm McDonalds :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili (180 calories) or large chili (270 calories). I have a small chili every other day with Trader Joe's habanero hot sauce.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    McDonalds hamburger,
    side salad with balsamic,
    small ice cream cone,
    large diet dr. pepper.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili with a side salad would be my go-to. Super inexpensive, and you can make a half-decent taco salad. Sounds kinda ghetto but it's not half bad. And pretty substantial for around 250 cals. Go for the large if you want to use up all 400 cals.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Chipotle salads! Meat or tofu or guac, salsa, veggies, beans, lettuce. No dressing, no cheese, no sour cream. This is a huge amount of food! I can usually get one meal and a snack out of it :)
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Subway's sweet onion chicken teriyaki on 9-grain wheat with veggies (no cheese) is 370 calories and pretty good. They also have a bunch of meal sized salads in the 230 - 350 calorie range.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    pretty much every standard fast food arby's, kfc, taco bell, mcdonalds, wendy's ect.... mmm McDonalds :)

Oh, KFC is pretty decent. Grilled breast+wing with green beans and half a biscuit is 415 calories.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Popeyes naked chicken.
  • EricRazorbacks
    EricRazorbacks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My go to is El Pollo Loco since it's right down the street for me. Of course, I'm getting two thighs, a leg, and a helping of sides. Oops. But, you could do alright with 400ish. You probably could get a thigh, a leg, and one corn on the cob for 400. Or, maybe a thigh, corn on the cob, and a small cole slaw for a little more.
  • emAZn
    Options
    Darn now which to choose :)

I found this link too which is pretty good:

http://donteatdirt.com/2011/04/11/which-sandwich-the-best-and-worst-of-grab-and-go/
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest Salad with Grilled chicken- even with the Newman's own southwest dressing is under 400 calories.
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" steak and cheese melt is pretty protein dense.. ~380 cals.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would go for Chick Fil A if you have one near you. Grilled Chicken sandwich with a side salad and lite Italian.
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest Salad with Grilled chicken- even with the Newman's own southwest dressing is under 400 calories.

This is what I was going to suggest. Only I don't eat the dressing as the salsa that comes on it is good enough that I don't need it!
  • emAZn
    Options
    I think I'll be going to subway... ham & turkey on white with all the veggies and vinegarette for 350.. not bad and my co-worker will pick it up for me :)
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Have you considered 3 beers instead of lunch?

Just askin. :-D

Seriously though... Chik-Fil-A is pretty low calories if you dont eat a giant waffle fries with it. The grilled sandwiches are in the 2-300 range.