does body by vi work?

Options
124»

Replies

• freebirdjones
    Options
    You have a lot of medical issues and should not be asking for advice here. Most of these people aren't medically trained and don't realize what you're dealing with and how these types of issues can inhibit weight loss. If you were perfectly healthy you would be losing loads of weight doing what you're doing, but you have some hurdles here and you're going to have to work harder than other people to get results. Keep workting with your doctor and nutritionalist. Ask THEM about Body by Vi, and follow their advice. Personally, I think it is a waste of your money, but if they give you the ok and you feel good about trying it out, then go for it.

Good luck. You'll figure out what works, but please, with your medical issues, do not ask untrained people for advice with this. Don't put your health in the hands of randoms on the internet! Like I said, if you were starting with just a weight issue that would be one thing, but you have a lot of problems that mass majority of people on these boards are not equipped to handle, and obviously can't comprehend.

I would not say "YOUR" doctor and nutritionist.... get two more and pick the best two. The two you have seem to be risky. She should have told you to wear a HRM when doing cardio to make sure you don't burn 1200 or more because then you would be a neg cal day. you move, so you burn a few cals per day too. I just think with a heart problem it could be scary. I don't know. I would ask one more doctor to see what he thinks you don't want to take years off your life from organ stress.
  • gudinogirl
    Options
    TriggerStorm1 did you reach your fitness goal yet? I just wanted to share something I recently started trying (last 3 months) and I have had some amazing results with very little exercise and no calorie restrictions! I've had medical issues disappear as well :-) My problem was I wasn't eating the right kind of calories (not all calories were created equal!) and I wasn't eating enough FAT!!! (the right kind of fat is crucial here too) here's a link to the changes I made in my lifestyle that have made all the difference http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/ (all the info is free! and all the nutrition you'll need can probably be found in your local grocery store)
  • thomasb80
    thomasb80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have thought about doing Body by Vi, however, if I were you, I'd look into their ingredients list. I know for alot of people the promise of losing weight outweighs the nutritional facts, but if you look into it, their shakes are not good for you.

Have you tried juicing? Watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. I've done juicing for a small amount of time, I lost weight, and I think the nutritional benefits far surpass anything Body by Vi will provide.

Just my 2 cents! But whatever you decide, I wish you the best!