Anyone want to be motivation buddies??

Options
2»

Replies

• RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, I came across it searching for something else, but thought it deserves a bump for all those struggling!

When you get your head to that place which Capt Apolow below describes, then you'll do it! Everything else until then is just fluffing around :wink:
    so you want someone else to remind you to work out and eat healthy?

you are 24 years old. you should've learned personal responsibility a while back.

no one is going to hold your hand through life. not through your personal life, not at work, and certainly not in changing some bad habits you have.

you fall off the wagon after three days? thats called laziness. it happens. inside, most of us are all lazy. seriously, there are days i'd really rather just do noooooothing. i mean, turn my mind off and watch netflix all day and eat nutella from the jar.

but i don't. not because someone is texting me to get moving. but because i am accountable to myself. well, also, i really have found something that i like to do, which is races. half-marathons, 5k's, triathlons, mud runs. whatever. i love doing them.

so i know that i have to get out there and train. so i do. and i enjoy it. at least most of the time i do. don't get me wrong, sometimes i am dragging *kitten* and would rather not go. but i go any way. because i've developed that habit of doing something.

thats what you need to do. develop a habit. for me, i know that if i don't work out early in the morning, i won't work out. at least, in the beginning i was like that. now i can exercise in the evening if i have to, i just prefer in the morning.

you need some special motivation to do 30 day shred?? well, then it's probably not the exercise for you. there are tons of fun exercises out there that are perfect for you. you just have to find them. zumba, weight lifting, cardio kickboxing, cycling, swimming, yoga. there is no limit to what is out there for you to try. i am constantly getting groupons and living social deals emailed to me for a week or a month at a gym or exercise studio. there are no excuses.

you want motivation? i think you need some dedication and self-discipline instead. start waking up earlier to work out. try some new routines. just do something
  • joodles821
    joodles821 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you can add me...joodles821

I do the same thing...I do real good for a while then for some reason I sabotage myself
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    so you want someone else to remind you to work out and eat healthy?

you are 24 years old. you should've learned personal responsibility a while back.

no one is going to hold your hand through life. not through your personal life, not at work, and certainly not in changing some bad habits you have.

you fall off the wagon after three days? thats called laziness. it happens. inside, most of us are all lazy. seriously, there are days i'd really rather just do noooooothing. i mean, turn my mind off and watch netflix all day and eat nutella from the jar.

but i don't. not because someone is texting me to get moving. but because i am accountable to myself. well, also, i really have found something that i like to do, which is races. half-marathons, 5k's, triathlons, mud runs. whatever. i love doing them.

so i know that i have to get out there and train. so i do. and i enjoy it. at least most of the time i do. don't get me wrong, sometimes i am dragging *kitten* and would rather not go. but i go any way. because i've developed that habit of doing something.

thats what you need to do. develop a habit. for me, i know that if i don't work out early in the morning, i won't work out. at least, in the beginning i was like that. now i can exercise in the evening if i have to, i just prefer in the morning.

you need some special motivation to do 30 day shred?? well, then it's probably not the exercise for you. there are tons of fun exercises out there that are perfect for you. you just have to find them. zumba, weight lifting, cardio kickboxing, cycling, swimming, yoga. there is no limit to what is out there for you to try. i am constantly getting groupons and living social deals emailed to me for a week or a month at a gym or exercise studio. there are no excuses.

you want motivation? i think you need some dedication and self-discipline instead. start waking up earlier to work out. try some new routines. just do something

^^ i wouldn't listen to this guy. he's a jerk, and probably doesn't have any real life friends at all, and lives off of putting people down on the internet where he can feel safe.
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi I have a fb team just for you! we support and keep you motivated each day! everyone has the same goals as you do! If you are interested shoot me a message. Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes on your journey!

Casey