Fast Food Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Popeyes naked chicken.

never knew they had naked chicken...is it spicy??? YUM!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" steak and cheese melt is pretty protein dense.. ~380 cals.
    You beat me to it.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be going to subway... ham & turkey on white with all the veggies and vinegarette for 350.. not bad and my co-worker will pick it up for me :)

Sounds like a win win.

My frequent treat is a Whopper Jr with no mayo but if Subway were on my way home it'd be a tough choice.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Definatley changed my mind... Yummm steak and cheese melt
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Panera Bowl of soup like french onion and a bit of bread, or sub the bread for an apple
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I didn't pack my lunch and have about 410 calories to use so bring on the fast food! Any suggestions or recommendations on what to order to get the most bang for my "calorie buck"?

Wendy's Chili isn't too bad (minus the cheese); Submarina will do a salad with cut up chicken breast. That's what I usually do in a pinch.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Panera Bowl of soup like french onion and a bit of bread, or sub the bread for an apple

I'd suggest avoiding carb-heavy, low-protein meals like this. Protein and fat are very good for helping you feel full, and protein is necessary to preserve lean mass.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I didn't pack my lunch and have about 410 calories to use so bring on the fast food! Any suggestions or recommendations on what to order to get the most bang for my "calorie buck"?

Qdoba. Skip the rice and add fajita veg. No sour or guacamole.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    in that range I'd choose from

- Subway double meat turkey sub with cheese and honey mustard
    - Wendy's chili with sour cream & cheese
    - KFC 3 breast strips and 1 dipping sauce

If you can spare 520 Costco serves and AMAZING Montreal smoked meat sammy with 44g of protein in it :)
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    McD's - grilled chicken ranch sandwich - 440 calories BEFORE you ask for no ranch - high protein, not a lot of grease or bad stuff - the info is on MFP.

Costs less than 5 bucks.
  • emAZn
    Options
    in that range I'd choose from

- Subway double meat turkey sub with cheese and honey mustard
    - Wendy's chili with sour cream & cheese
    - KFC 3 breast strips and 1 dipping sauce

If you can spare 520 Costco serves and AMAZING Montreal smoked meat sammy with 44g of protein in it :)

hot d@mn 44g of protein! I'm going to have to try that... If I were exercising today I would splurge but it's a much needed rest day.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Subway will make any of their sandwhiches into salads. I get all the veggies and ask for more spinach than lettuce. I love the tuna on my salad, and just add red wine vinegar and a tad of olive oil.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Subway will make any of their sandwhiches into salads. I get all the veggies and ask for more spinach than lettuce. I love the tuna on my salad, and just add red wine vinegar and a tad of olive oil.

That's closer to 700 than it is to 400. I regularly have that with the southwest ranch or chopotle (which should be comparable to 1TBS of olive oil) and it's 7-something if I recall correctly, if I use less dressing I could shave it to 600
  • emAZn
    Options
    Steak and Cheese Melt on italian bread with pepper jack, peppers, onions, and jalapenos ended up being 370 cals with 10g of fat and 25g of protein... I'm excited :) it's on its way :)

And I can have a fudge pop for desert with my extra 40 calories... hollar :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

That's closer to 700 than it is to 400. I regularly have that with the southwest ranch or chopotle (which should be comparable to 1TBS of olive oil) and it's 7-something if I recall correctly, if I use less dressing I could shave it to 600

Yeah, their tuna is drowned in mayo and "a tad of olive oil" on a salad is going to be 100-200 calories by itself.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For everyone suggesting Subway. Double up on meat! Really sorts out the macros so protein is on the high side. That said, last time I had the double steak and cheese sandwich it took my body FOREVER to digest that mother.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my lunches under 450 calories too even when I eat fast food. A Taco Bell Veggie Cantina Bowl without guacamole is about that much, IIRC. A McDouble from McDonald's is about 380-390 and a side salad with light dressing should be another 30ish calories - it's definitely a pretty good lunch. You can also always get the kids' meals and go for half the fries... if you have the willpower. Mmm, fries.