I've had a bad weekend!

Options
Well since all of last week I did not do good! I didn't make it through all of my insanity workouts and I didn't eat very healthy! Then this weekend I pigged out! I had lost a pound last week, about 5 pounds total, but now I probably gained it all back! Tomorrow is Monday so it's a new week but I feel like I'm on a repeating cycle of eating unhealthy, feeling guilty, and then starting over! So how can I make this a better week so I don't end up doing bad by the end of the week? Thanks I just need motivation to do good this week and hopefully to gain healthier eating habits! Thanks again

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    keep in mind why you are doing this and envision what you are going to look like, and how good you are going to feel!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Just remember that to have gained 5 lbs this weekend you would have to eat 17,500 calories...I doubt you did that my friend! The first few days..dont weigh! I bet you went over your sodium and that temporarily will show on the scale..wait til like wednesday or thursday before weighing and drink a ton of water between now and then...I guarantee at best you just gained a pound...don't beat yourself up.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon from time to time (trust me - I have used MFP for 2.5 years now!). It's all about getting back on the wagon and the sooner you get on the less damage will be done.

Over time I think I've learned that your body reflects how you eat most of the time rather than punishing you for the odd slip up. So if you eat healthily most days in a week and don't go completely mental when you have a bad day then it should all balance out.

If you think that you might have a high calorie day just switch to maintenance calls to give yourself some leeway.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    bad girl.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So how can I make this a better week so I don't end up doing bad by the end of the week?

You just decide to do better this week and you do it. Simple. Make sure your goals are reasonable. Don't set yourself up for failure, set yourself up for success.
  • Cat232013
    Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too! I quit drinking for charity for October so to celebrate completing that (and Halloween) went out Friday and Saturday, drank loads, ate a stupid amount of food and then skipped my Insanity workout on Sunday. I felt so bad about it yesterday but today I actually feel more motivated than I have in weeks (I'm currently on day 38 and haven't had great results so far - despite following the program to the letter).

I did both Max plyo and max cardio conditioning today and have been drinking so much water to try and get back on track. I've also pre-planned my meals this week.
    I am a bit scared of my scale though lol.

Good luck
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days in our lives, its just about getting back on the horse and keep on riding.
  • ILuv2help
    Options
    I have a health group on facebook called lifestyles changing everyday where we all help each other eat right and focus on the journey together you should look it up. hope this helps you