gynocology-related question--be forewarned!

Options
Several Days ago i noticed I was spotting. I have been on this birth control for a long time and never spotted. i've been Taking it (the pill ) perfectly regularly. i've also noticed that the Last few days my appetite has been THROUGH THE ROOF. does anyone know what's going on ? (please excuse the erratic capitalization/spacing. i think My computer might have a virus. ) someone please let Me Know what's going On. do you Think it's because Of this lifestyle change Or what ?

Replies

• AmandaR910
    Options
    It could definitely be the lifestyle change. I would call your DR and ask. Is there any chance you could be pregnant??
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been having EXACTLY the same problem, except I'm not taking the pill. I was soo hungry I actually gained 2.2 pounds in the course of 2 weeks. I wasn't just eating to be full I felt starving. I was also extemely late and spotting. Wonder if it has anything to do with dieting and watching what we are eating more carefully?
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think you should see a doctor. There's a lot of things it could be from simple no big deal lifestyle change to serious get medical attention issues. No one on the internet can answer that for you. Good luck, I hope it's no big deal and they give you a clean bill of health! :)
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    call your gynecologist.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    i agree with Amanda.....could you be pregnant?
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened when I was newly pregnant. Painful hunger pangs, slight spotting, fatique......never failed....all four of my pregnancies started that way within a week or two of conception and for a couple of months into the pregnancy. The birth control pill is easily affected by outside factors. Antibiotics and other medicines can affect the protection the pill provides.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The fact that dieting can toss your body into a change is true. Usually it is the other way around. Mine would disappear. I would call the doctor and ask about it. It could be nothing but it could be something. Better safe then sorry.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Oh God I really hope not. I think it's very unlikely that I could be pregnant, seeing as how I've been taking the pill correctly to the T, except for maybe one or two isolated days where I took it a few hours later in The day. I never actually missed pills. that Is weird, though, with the appetite increase. It's like I can't get food in fast enough, that's how hungry I am. I just googled "spotting " and you guys are right, apparently , there are a billion possible causes so I guess I'd better call my gyno. Thanks so much for your input, guys.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Oh God I really hope not. I think it's very unlikely that I could be pregnant, seeing as how I've been taking the pill correctly to the T, except for maybe one or two isolated days where I took it a few hours later in The day. I never actually missed pills. that Is weird, though, with the appetite increase. It's like I can't get food in fast enough, that's how hungry I am. I just googled "spotting " and you guys are right, apparently , there are a billion possible causes so I guess I'd better call my gyno. Thanks so much for your input, guys.

I would definitely get a pregnancy test, just to be sure. Even taking the pill perfectly isn't foolproof. I just know that spotting and increased appetite are both early pregnancy symptoms for a lot of people (including myself, and I'm on pregnancy #5 lol). Good luck!!
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This exact same thing is happening to me. I know for a fact I'm not pregnant. I'm chalking it up to a lifestyle change or the birth control isn't strong enough in hormones. Its happened to me before when I was on a particular kind for too long. I'm not worried but I plan on mentioning it to the gyno when I go in a few weeks.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You should definately go out and get a pregnancy test. And make appointment for blood pregnancy test that will detect it earlier than the sticks from the store. Because spotting may be the implanting and that's often too early to show up.

Why would you want to know right away? Because you are taking the pill. So get the blood pregnancy test scheduled. A GYN should schedule one ASAP if you call and tell them why you want it. If they don't, then insist.

So after you know you can go forward.

Taking antibiotics and St. Johns wart can lessen birth control pills effectiveness. And once in a while someone gets pregnant even though they are on the pill. So off you go to check!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It could also be other medication.... I know that if you take St Johns wort (herbal happy pill) at the same time in the day as the pill it can mess with it and make it not effective..... You have to take one in the morning and one at night...
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting your thyroid tested. Ask your doctor to check your TSH levels. I had the same symptoms and it turned out I had hypothyroidism.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics can negatively affect the pill too and reduce effectiveness.
  • agdeierl
    Options

I would definitely get a pregnancy test, just to be sure. Even taking the pill perfectly isn't foolproof. I just know that spotting and increased appetite are both early pregnancy symptoms for a lot of people (including myself, and I'm on pregnancy #5 lol). Good luck!!
    but isn't It too soon to take a test ? I mean, I just noticed this on thursday--maybe I should include that I noticed It during sex ( I'm sorry, I know that may be too much information, But I'm getting Scared ). because Of that, i'm inclined to believe It's Just that it's Irritated, but it hasn't felt irritated Or Hurt at all at any point then Or since then, and i still don't see How that would explain why it's still happening now (keep in mind it is Less full-blown spotting now --it Only did that for a Little Over a day ). also, if It's Just Irritated, why am i having these crazy hunger pangs and i've also been feeling what feels Like menstrual cramps, but my period Isn't supposed to start until next week. anyway, i'm thinking a test can't register the Pregnancy horomone this soon.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    YES see your gyno - for me, those symptoms (especially the not getting full part) were all STRESS related...some I put on myself, others from outward sources, but the hunger I was feeling was actually anxiety, wherein eating would not relieve the feeling, making me stay 'hungry'.

Way to be proactive with your health!
    P.S. - i had irregular periods during the anxious times as well...For me the new lifestyle is helping relieve anxiety due to doing kickboxing workouts every evening, allowing the stress from the day to get pounded out...

Good luck sussing it out!
  • agdeierl
    Options
    You should definately go out and get a pregnancy test. And make appointment for blood pregnancy test that will detect it earlier than the sticks from the store. Because spotting may be the implanting and that's often too early to show up.

Why would you want to know right away? Because you are taking the pill. So get the blood pregnancy test scheduled. A GYN should schedule one ASAP if you call and tell them why you want it. If they don't, then insist.

So after you know you can go forward.

Taking antibiotics and St. Johns wart can lessen birth control pills effectiveness. And once in a while someone gets pregnant even though they are on the pill. So off you go to check!
    I guess maybe I should. I don't know how I'm going to sleep with this on mind. tomorrow's weigh-in day. i never get any sleep the night before a weigh-in, but i bet i'll get Even less now with THIS to worry about. thanks for your help, though.
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dont want to scare you too much but I got pregnant on LoEstren24FE while taking it FAITHFULLY every day but I'm so grateful I did my girl is my whole world. If it is a new birth control it is normal to spot, while I was taking LoE before I got pregnant on it it made me have every symptom of being pregnant because of the hormones it has in it. I'd still call my doctor If I were you just to be on the safe side! Good luck though and don't worry too much!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Dieting and exercise can have an effect on the menstrual cycle. Still a good idea to check with OB/GYN just to rule out any anomalies. a pregnancy test is only one piece of the puzzle. Another influence on menstrual cycle and spotting is stress, cysts, etc. Just make an appointment and they can rule out any of the anomalies.

Vickie
  • dlmarkley66
    Options
    What was the first day of your last period? HCG can be detected in the urine before your next period is even due.