High Protein Filling Foods?

Options
Can anyone recommend some filing high protein foods, im struggling right now and still snacking on bad foods/junk.

Mid morning before lunch and late afternoon are my downfalls.

I dont have much time to prepare so quick and easy please :)

Thanks!

Replies

• pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    - Cottage Cheese
    - Hummus and Veggie Sticks
    - Piece of whole mozzarella cheese
    - Wasa Cracker with one spreadable cheese wedge
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fish is my go to protein lunch. Quick fry for a few minutes on each side, or cook them all at once and microwave when you are ready to eat. And then there is always protein bars if that's what you are looking for.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lentils, a veggie, shredded chicken or a turkey dog, and a couple tablespoons of bbq sauce... Lentils have a great protein to fiber ratio!
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found this website recently and it was very helpful.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Also quest bars are really high in protein have a good amount of fiber and are good if you're on the run.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I am low on time I normally make a smoothie with cottage cheese, greek yogurt a bit of fruit and some almond milk. I sometimes throw in a scoop of protein powder as well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've been eating cheese and crackers with some slice apple or grapes as a snack. It's pretty great. =)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    I love cold steak-strips. Take your leftovers and cut them in thin slices. Tastes good, chewy, great mouth feel, and satisfies. Excellent protein and stays with ya. :wink:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, lean deli meat and cheese. Right now I am eating grilled chicken and black beans - all prepared over the weekend.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    baby bell light is my go to
  • Rainyday816
    Rainyday816 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If convenience is really what you're after, I recommend Clif or Luna Protein bars. They taste pretty good, they aren't full of chemicals, and there is definitely no preparation required. Some places mark up the prices a lot, but they're usually about a dollar a piece at whole foods.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    apple and peanut or almond butter
    beef jerky
    hard boiled eggs
    hummus and celery or carrot sticks

Just to name a few.

Oh, popcorn with parmesan cheese!!
  • kmberkness
    kmberkness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep almonds and sugar-free craisins in my desk drawer at work, and try to remember to always have some string cheese in the fridge. It was hard to make the transition to the healthier choices at first, but I found if I kept enough good options around (my desk drawer is full of good stuff) it got easier. It may sound like a bad idea to have a drawer full of food, but everything I have is protioned to 100 calories or less, and it's all high fiber, or high protein, no/less sugar, and no fat. I have found it's a good motivation for me to look into that drawer and see all those good options... and then close the drawer without eating any of it because I don't really need it. I actually have a little tiny bag of salted almond chocolate bark that a co-worker gave me as a gift... and it has sat untouched in my desk for a month now, because every time I think I want it, I see the other, better options and choose one of those instead. It's a weird backwards psychology thing, but it seems to be working for me. I haven't binged yet, nor have I visited the vending machines since I've stocked myself with healthy snacks.

Also - I try to schedule my snacking through the day. 10am is right between breakfast and lunch for me, and if I'm not hungry by then, I don't eat. If I am, I'm allowed a small snack. Same for afternoon - 2pm scheduled snack. I won't eat before either, because I don't want to rely on snacking if I'm not getting enough from my main meals, and I won't know if my meals are satisfying if I turn to a handful of almonds 45 minutes after lunch. If i find I'm consistently hungry before snacktime, I know I have to re-evaluate what I'm eating for the meal before.

Hope this is helpful!
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg, if you don't have time to boil them, you can buy them already boiled at the grocery store or walmart..
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    - Cottage Cheese
    - Hummus and Veggie Sticks
    - Piece of whole mozzarella cheese
    - Wasa Cracker with one spreadable cheese wedge

^^^ This! Plus hard boiled eggs
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I find eating eggs for breakfast help and making sure I have chicken breast for lunch, a few almonds for snacks and lots of vegetables to fill up so I'm not hungry and in need of a snack. For snacks if you prepare berries or mini cottage cheeses or cut of vegetables that can help. If i am eating carbs or sugar it doesn't matter that I'm having good protein, it will throw me off and make me want to snack so I avoid it, but that's just me. You may want to try reducing the refined carbs and sugar and upping your protein to see if that helps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    steak...
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    greek yoghurt. seriously amazing stuff.

edit: blend with frozen berries and sweetener for low-cal, high protein frozen yoghurt.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I roast about 2 whole chickens a week and pack up strips of breast meat with a little bbq sauce to dip
    Rolled up lean ham (without nitrates/nitrites, reduced sodium)
    Turkey jerky (Jack's Links has no added MSG, natural ingredients and very high in protein, low in fat)
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cheese sticks
    Greek yogurt (has a lot more protein than nonGreek)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I either eat a can of tuna fish straight out of the can raw, or a put 3 eggs (1 whole plus 2 whites) into the microwave at work for a minute and half.

I just got a bunch of boxes of Gorton's grilled Talapia and grilled Salmon. Kroger this week has a deal that if you buy 10, they are $3.99 each. Don't get the breaded ones, get the grilled Talapia or Salmon. High in protein and potassium, but low in fat and calories (compared to the breaded ones).