P90X Lean or Classic?

Options
I've already done Insanity and lost 8 lbs from it. I'm 131 lbs right now and I'm 5'1. I still want to lose 10 more lbs and was thinking about doing P90X. My goal is to lose my belly and tone up at the same time. My problem is my belly the most. For those who have done P90X which one do you recommend for me? The lean or classic one? This is how my body type looks:

2nrq8u0.jpg

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Classic, that was how the program was designed. They added in Lean as so many women were afraid of the weights, but lifting while losing weight will yield the greatest results as it limits the amount of muscle you lose as you lose fat.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. Classic is for building all-around muscle. Lean is, well, lean. Not as much strength training, a bit more cardio. The biggest difference between the two is that Lean takes out one of Classic's strength days and tosses in Core Synergistics - which is, essentially, a bigger, longer (more fun) Ab Ripper X. Oh, also: classic has plyo X in it every week, whereas lean uses the (slightly easier) Cardio X. But that's also something you can choose to sub out on your own if you need to.

Me, myself, and I did lean. I enjoyed it greatly, and I felt like I had more time to relax and let my body "heal" from the lifting in between.

Bear in mind with classic you should probably be eating more than you do with lean.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The way your post sounds make it seem like they are 2 different versions.

Lean removes some of the harder workouts like Plyo and replaces it with CardioX. Since you completed Insanity you should have no issues with these things.

I Recommend the Classic Schedule. If anything after doing Classic 1 time through you might consider Doubles.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. Classic is for building all-around muscle. Lean is, well, lean. Not as much strength training, a bit more cardio. The biggest difference between the two is that Lean takes out one of Classic's strength days and tosses in Core Synergistics - which is, essentially, a bigger, longer (more fun) Ab Ripper X. Oh, also: classic has plyo X in it every week, whereas lean uses the (slightly easier) Cardio X. But that's also something you can choose to sub out on your own if you need to.

Me, myself, and I did lean. I enjoyed it greatly, and I felt like I had more time to relax and let my body "heal" from the lifting in between.

Bear in mind with classic you should probably be eating more than you do with lean.

Did you get great results with lean? I just want to lose the last 10 lbs.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump. I wanna see more opinions.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Classic for sure!