Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    then have carbs?
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOL. Idk what your adversion is to carbs, but a great thing to do some research on is carb cycling.

Good luck!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Are delicious and I eatz all of them!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I just want carbs!!!!!!! :devil:

I hear you. Some times protein and fiber don't have the same "punch" as a bag of hot fritos, a baguette, a cheese bagel...oh, those are my own cravings.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have to play around with?
  • KAF711
    KAF711 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just want a pizza
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just made a post about this:
    Most people (and books and magazines) tell you that low-carb diets show the best and fasted results and that eating protein prevents you from being hungry much more than those filthy carbs.
    My body just doesn't work like that: I feel really bad and unstable without carbs. I can't workout, I can't concentrate. After a few days I even get the flu. But I guess most people would tell me that this is the price to pay. So I tried again and again. For days and weeks. But it just doesn't work: I get hungrier every day (and I am not talking about cravings but real hunger) 9- even if I consume more calories than on a diet with carbs. Even if I consume more fiber. And I stop losing weight nearly immediatly - even if I consume much less calories. I don't know why my body works that way but I found out that consuming 40-50% (or at the very least more than 35%) of my daily calories as carbs (and another maybe 40% as healthy fats) just works best for me. I am happier, it is easier to stay on the diet without obsessing and I actually feel more satiety and I lose more weight.
    I don't know if some of you have experienced this, but maybe you should try to eat some more (healthy) carbs if you carve carbs. It might actually not delay the weight loss but accelerate it. It might as well not work that way for you, but if you really want carbs I would just give it a shot.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I just want a pizza

Then eat some pizza. It isn't about avoiding food. It is about everything in moderation. Pizza or carbs or sugar or whatever is not the enemy. Too much of anything and too little activity is.