Re re re re re starting my plan

Options
I've fallen off the wagon time & time again, but the best part is I'm still choosing to get back on & STAY on!!! I'm Samantha or Sam (I prefer Sam). Currently sitting in the 240's-I'd like to see what the single life is like again!!! (1xx's) would be ideal. I don't have a set weight, I just know I'll SEE it when I get there!

I've lost & gained it back!!! I'm relocating to a new city come June of 2014-so I like the idea of a new me for a new city...hoping to be halfway or 3/4 of the way there by the time it's all said & done!!!

I need support & friends!! I'm hoping the message boards will help.

Replies

• cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I'm right there with ya! I have re re re re re staring again as well. This time I have decided to just start making new habits. Doesn't matter to me what that clothing size says or the scale anymore. I have decided it toook forever to add it on. It isn't gonna come off in a day. SO I decided to focus on creating new habits....one habit at a time. Snap fitness in my area had a deal going where they have 30 day free trial so that is where I am going to start. It take the brain 30 days of doing the same thing after another thing to link up and become a "habit" SO I have decided that I am going to start with going to the gym everyday for the next 30 days. My goal while I am there...FOR NOW is to just move my body. Not to kill myself while I am there actually if I start to "feel it" STOP cause I don't want to get sore. I just want to create a patern of going to the gym and leaving there feeling good.

YAY YOU!!! For starting all over again! It takes great courage to get up when we knock ourselves down. You have done that and I hope you are proud of yourself for that.
  • Hi Sam !!! I am in the same boat as you with re re re re re starting my plan. I am at 247 lbs right now and would like to get around 150 - 160 lbs. I sent you a friend request I hope you don't mind! :)
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam. I've done it at least 12 times before. I've finally gotten good at maintaining, maybe one day I'll bump that up to losing and maintaining. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm a talker and I keep my Friend List small so I can keep up with everyone.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of never quitting. The only time you fail is when you give up. Add me if you need a friend. I'd like to see your journey to the new you, and offer any support I can.

Good luck everyone!
  • lgammy
    lgammy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great attitude - if you fall you just keep getting up. I am restarting again myself! Added you.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Just my suggestion, rather than 'dieting',how about thinking of it as a lifestyle change, a healthy life style change. This is a slower process than 'dieting' but is much more maintainable in the long run. It's also good to set long and short term goals, if you don't it'l be like like being in a boat without a rudder, it'll be an interesting journey but you may not make it to where you want to go and you may just go in circles.

All the best, I hope you reach your goals!!
  • kristenm1243
    Options
    Hey Sam! I'm in the same boat as you as well, I've tried everything out there and for some reason I find myself here AGAIN! However, I'm finding that the food and exercise journal on here is a good format and easy to use and I have the phone app which makes it easy on the go); i know its not 100% accurate, but it helps keep me accountable for myself and this is the thing I'm starting on working at first. Just know you're not alone and we can all do this together!!!!
  • PmiA
    PmiA Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me many times! Just don't give up; starting again a million times is better than not starting at all! :) Good luck.