desperate for help

Options
Hello everyone! I am 38 years old 212 lbs 5'5. I am looking for as much support as I can get! I have been trying to lose weight for a while now and unfortunately I keep failing:( my weight bothers me terribly! My self esteem is down, I want to look and feel better about myself. I want to be healthy and have more energy! I know most of you can relate. I want this!! Is there anyone who can be my weightloss buddy and keep in touch with me on a daily basis. Someone who is dependable? Please help!

Replies

• Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 46 and only had 20 pounds to lose. Trust me - that 20 seemed unreachable but I made it! I have been in maintenance for about 1 month. I log daily and would be happy to cheer you on! Feel free to add me.
  • chaseroks
    chaseroks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Bren180! I am in your exact boat! Feel free to add me. I'm new to this as well [even though it says I joined a while ago] - I continue to fall off the wagon but I am determined this time. I will do my best to keep in touch with you if you do the same for me! :)
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Bren, Welcome to MFP! There are a lot of great supportive people here and I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like (as can any one else). You can do this!! Developing a new healthy lifestyle will make you healthy and give you the energy you are looking for.
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bren180,
    Welcome! You posted almost exactly what I wanted to say. I just signed up for this TODAY! I am 33yo 262# and 5'5". I would love to be your weightloss buddy. maybe we can help to motivate eachother. It would be great to have someone also who has been where we are now and has overcome some of the obsticles I know we are about to face. So, if there is anyone out there willing to cheer us on and share your wisdom, it would be welcomed and appreciated. Let's do this together!!! And be successful this time. I need a win!!
  • alexandrazzzz
    alexandrazzzz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am here for you. I understand. FInding the support is STEP one to a healthy weight loss!!! Keep it up. I am so glad you reached out for help.
  • bren180
    Options
    Thank you !! I will take all the support I can get:) good luck to you!! Let's keep in touch!
  • bren180
    Options
    Sounds great to me!!:) let's keep in touch! We can do this!!
  • bren180
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone! It means so much!!
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm 5'3 and weighed 220 lbs when I started in Sept. 4, 2013. With patience and commitment, I am now 196 lbs. all because of MFP. What did I do? I just log everyday and started to watch out for what I eat. My only exercise so far is riding the stationary bike and doing 10,000 steps whenever I can.

I myself want to feel good to boost my esteem. It won't be an easy journey but what the heck, it can be fun as you learn about food and calories.

Add me up as buddy.
  • Silvergirl1972
    Options
    I'm brand new today. I've got 100+ pounds to go. Feel free to add me. Good luck. ????????
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 38 years old 212 lbs 5'5. I am looking for as much support as I can get! I have been trying to lose weight for a while now and unfortunately I keep failing:( my weight bothers me terribly! My self esteem is down, I want to look and feel better about myself. I want to be healthy and have more energy! I know most of you can relate. I want this!! Is there anyone who can be my weightloss buddy and keep in touch with me on a daily basis. Someone who is dependable? Please help!

Hi there! I log in every day. I would love to be a supportive friend, feel free to add me.