25 by the 25th

Options
I have been wanting to start of a group, made up of people who would like to lose 25 pounds by December 25th. I know to some, this will seem unrealistic...but for those of us who need to lose a lot of weight, I think it is do-able. However, I know that for some...it is asking a lot. So, my idea is, if you want to join this group...post your starting stats and how much YOU want to lose by December 25th. I believe that I can lost 20 pounds by then (because I have been losing about 2 pounds per week already and have been slipping a lot) so if I really push myself and stick to the healthy eating, I think 25 pounds is attainable. And what a great Christmas gift to myself that would be :) Each week we can weigh in with our new stats and how much more we need to lose in order to reach our goal. I would like to see the scale move and the dress sizes drop and really end this year on a happy note! Anyone who would like to join is more than welcome, but if you have anything nasty to say about this post...please keep it to yourself!

SW: 246.8
GW: 221.8
UGW: 130-120

Replies

• tamijones357
    tamijones357 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    okay I found you, I was looking under groups. :blushing:
  • tamijones357
    tamijones357 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 282.4
    CW: 277.2
    GW: 150

i am motivated and ready to beat this challange. I know we can do this
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im so excited! i need this. I want to lose these weight, for bigger people, its definitely possible if you push yourself the healthy way.

SW: 270
    CW: 230.4
    GW: 206
    UGW: 140ish
  • diversden
    Options
    I'd like to join in....but only commit 15 lbs. what are the numbers showing up by the posts.s
  • dubya916
    Options
    I'll join ya...
    Sw: 255
    Cw: 248
    Gw: 170

Goal by the 25th: 223
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'd Love to jump on board! I can't say I'll be able to reach close to 25 pounds myself though. Yay!

Current Weight: 192 lbs.
    Suggested Weight Loss Goal: 10 lbs (December 25th)
    Ultimate Goal: 140 lbs.

I'm definitely looking forward to this and intend on keeping up with posts.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Let us know when you create the group. =D Or if you need any help.

Here are some suggestions for the group?

-Should we report once a week our status as far as how we're doing, our experiences, our ups and downs, etc.?

-Perhaps we could all report to one person our progression and that person receiving the data can enter it into the group thread. And that if there are any questions, concerns, advice, motivational issues, we can all input into the thread ourselves.
    (I just noticed that a thread with very many posts within one day discourages me--odd maybe? haha).

Well, these are just suggestions. I haven't been active in a group before but I thought this would help. I'm not sure how a group manages or what to expect being in a group and actively engaging with its group members.

BTW. Does anyone know how to create a Topic or Thread? I'm having trouble. =\ I ventured ALMOST everyplace of this site. I can't remember how I've done it before. haha ^.^
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Let us know when you create the group. =D Or if you need any help.

Here are some suggestions for the group?

-Should we report once a week our status as far as how we're doing, our experiences, our ups and downs, etc.?

-Perhaps we could all report to one person our progression and that person receiving the data can enter it into the group thread. And that if there are any questions, concerns, advice, motivational issues, we can all input into the thread ourselves.
    (I just noticed that a thread with very many posts within one day discourages me--odd maybe? haha).

Well, these are just suggestions. I haven't been active in a group before but I thought this would help. I'm not sure how a group manages or what to expect being in a group and actively engaging with its group members.

BTW. Does anyone know how to create a Topic or Thread? I'm having trouble. =\ I ventured ALMOST everyplace of this site. I can't remember how I've done it before. haha ^.^

This is a great idea! I think to create a post, you have to go to recent topics or something and there should be a link that says "new post". I am trying to find the "groups" LOL
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    SW: 242
    CW: 238
    GW: 215 (by Christmas)
  • midnightmickey
    Options
    SW: 210
    CW: 202
    GW by Xmas: 177

Let's do this!
  • mhussey14
    mhussey14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW:192
    GW: 160
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Invites to the group have been sent! See y'all there!
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I would love to join you. I was just talking with my husband about something like this earlier today. I want to get about 25 pounds off by Christmas. Fifty-One days until Christmas!

SW: 267
    CW: 207
    GW: 180
  • vahine03
    Options
    Just found out how to add people :) If it hasn't been done already, I sent you an invite GRUNO :)