My worst day

Options
I went over to Mom's for Sunday dinner. She made scrumptious Chicken and Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Peas & Carrots, and large biscuits. I couldn't believe it and maybe I did something wrong, but I consumed almost 2,000 calories. I was just so taken back. I didn't break my daily calorie goal but wow I came close and now I'm starving. It's my worst day.

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    We all have these days. A new beginning is just one sleep away.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Roll with it, and start a new day tomorrow. We'll just call this some good old fashion family time that happens every once in awhile, and move on to bigger and better things tomorrow.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had a 1400 calorie jack in the box meal at 10pm friday night...808 of that being a SHAKE!!! All you can do, is say "oh well, I f'ed up." and start again the next day.

Most of us are here because we would be doing well, have a night like you (or I) did, and then fall completely off the wagon and binge for 2 week straight. That is the difference. Forgive yourself, and move on. :)
  • txtree50
    Options
    BEEN there done that this week. Just wake up and say "Tomorrow is a new day and A FRESH start"!!!!! Don't beat yourself up. We have ALL been there.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Can't be any worse than what I just did... check out my blog post Winter Nights.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    Eh, at least it was all good whole food stuff and not fast food.

Now I want some mashed taters.
  • pro42
    pro42 Posts: 3
    Options
    Everyone needs a baddd day :)
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ah yeah i had a bad weekend for weight loss too :/ but like the others before me said, it's just one day, tomorrow will be better :)
  • fit_nyc
    fit_nyc Posts: 25
    Options
    The worst for me is after a few drinks. I will usually seek out junk food consuming thousands of calories. As a general rule, I now avoid drinking. But when those days would happen, I'd have to make sure I started fresh the next day. Otherwise, I found it too easy to get down on myself and off track.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi,

as the others on here say: forgive yourself and move on.
    As long as it doesn't happen too often, enjoy and don't regret.

I have found out for myself that when after I have a day like that, when I go over my calories A LOT, I usually have the best weigh in. (I weigh myself every day, but only write it down once a week to check my progress. )
    But I won't let it happen too often, not even once a week, maybe once every 3 to 4 weeks.

Consider it as a cheat day and let it motivate you to get on even more determined :-)

MM
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well I'm over it. I just couldn't believe I ate 2000 calories at one meal. Now I feel like weighing in. I may do that after I do a 6 mile hike and hit the gym.

Thanks for all the support!

PS. Yeah those mashed taters were great. I dreamed of them. LOL