No longer thinking like "a fat girl"

Options
I lost weight, time and time again. I was always over 200 pounds and was sadly around 300 pounds all through out high school. I decided to get my life together. I made a choice to stop making excuses and feeling sorry for myself and the hand I was dealt. When I first saw some weight loss (80 pounds lost at first) I was not proud of myself. In my eyes it was not good enough, I was still "fat". That hurt me in the long run. I gained 30 pounds back! Then I lost 60 pounds after accepting that I do not have to be overweight if I do not want to be. I used to associate myself with being overweight, and I acted accordingly. As an overweight person I was apologetic, timid, and I did not respect myself. When losing weight one can really go through an identity crisis! But determine who you want to be and live that life. I gained weight again, because I thought I was "fat". Now I am healthy and fit and I embrace that. I no longer beat myself up and tell myself or my friends how fat I am, even though I am not a size 2. I have embraced my curves, my struggle, the fight, and the progress. So to all you beautiful women out there, LOVE yourself in the process and accept yourself at any stage!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1074391_184249311766317_726585530_o.jpg

Replies

• lissacamille
    Options
    Wow! Love your story!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you, you have a lost a lot in fact you almost lost (me in weight ) so a person basically , that is quite amazing I've have to say I'm glad to hear you no longer look at yourself negatively and you shouldn't no ones weight should define who they are as a person. Congratulations on all your hard work :)
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay, girl, you look amazing! And, you give hope to girls like me with huge floppy arms that, yes, they can be small again!
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wowza! The attitude change is very clear in the photos. You look radiant in both pics but in your after pic you can clearly see the sexy confidence! You look AMAZING with those bombshell curves girl! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the loss! :drinker:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations on your accomplishment. You look amazing and have a lot to be proud of. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring me. :flowerforyou:
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story. You are gorgeous! Best of luck to you with your career and life.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Such a great story, I'm glad to have such a motivated new MFP friend! I concur with the others that have posted here, you are gorgeous!
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievements! You really are inspirational.

I identify with "feeling" like the fat/big girl. I still feel like that, sadly. Probably because I'm freakishly tall. I still constantly find myself wishing that I was one of the "small" girls
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Amazing transformation
  • sgdjska
    sgdjska Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats :)
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You look freaking amazing!! Great job on the loss and the self-change as well :)
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! I SOOOO identify with this! I was in a meeting last night and was totally intimidated, and couldn't figure out why -- I think it was the unapologetic confidence of the others. I WANT THAT! Thanks for the motivation to just keep on keepin' on!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You could sell that split photo as a poster!
  • Chante_Loves_Life
    Chante_Loves_Life Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    AMAZING, you look incredible. Thanks for posting the pic you truly are inspirational :happy:
  • cplgirl
    cplgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are so many people, including myself, that can take a lot from a post like this one. Thank you for sharing and giving us hope!
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty. Good for you! Very inspiring, very!
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

*applause*
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really are an inspiration. Congratulations on your weight loss
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW you look incredible! I'm so inspired by your story. Well done on your weight loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!