Middle finger numbness?

Options
Anyone had this issue?

Lately just my middle fingers on both hands have been going numb / cold.
They turn white while the rest of my fingers are a normal red / fleshy color.

I thought maybe it was poor circulation due to being cold more often at a lower weight?
But it's getting more frequent and weird. And why my middle fingers only?

I have a doctors Apt coming up so im gonna ask, just curious if its weight - loss related with less fat in my fingers or what it is

Replies

• steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I live near NY City, so yes, my middle fingers have gotten numb but only when driving.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    it might be carpal tunnel syndrome
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    That is really strange. It's likely some kind of nerve compression, but just the middle finger doesn't make a lot of sense. The pinky, and HALF of the ring finger are fed by the ulnar nerve. The other half of the ring finger, and the remaining fingers are fed by a separate nerve. I know this because I had issues with my ulnar nerve and thought it was so odd that only half the finger was number LOL.

But if it's your entire middle finger, and none of the others? Well, I've got nothin' Maybe the Dr can clear it up for you!
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, it is probably something simple like a pinch or something. There is an outside chance that it is Raynaud's.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Pinches in both hands though in the same fingers?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Raynaud's too. My mom and sister both have it. Even here in the desert, it bothers them a lot. Sometimes it the tips of all the fingers. But sometimes it's localized in just one finger. It varies day to day for both of them.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Looking up raynauds now!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had problems like this when I was symptomatic from a rare brain disorder that I have, Chiari Malformation. It's highly likely you do not have it. That said, I am glad to hear you are seeing a doctor because it's definitely a bit odd.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my sister has Raynauds...happens mostly in the cold but also with hormonal/emotional fluctuations. Bright white fingers. She will wear gloves when she runs.