Going the wrong way on my weight!

Options
MFP has helped me a lot in the past year to the point that I lost 34 pounds and did pretty well over the Summer. I was exercising and bicycled over 900 miles. Now that the bike is put up I have been slow about getting back to the gym and hesitated looking at my weight and was unsurprisingly shocked to see how much my weight has leaped. I have put my weight back onto MFP and I need to figure out a way to get back into the groove and feel better about myself, I've come too far with my health improvements to go back now. Any help, motivation or encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    It's no biggie. So you had a little hiatus. You're back in the game, now, that's all that matters.

Good luck! x
  • scottnavy
    scottnavy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add, hopefully I'll be a little more successful this time around.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    No question. Just add lots of people on here. They'll keep you on track whether you like it or not! :wink:
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Scott!

I read your profile and it totally sounds like you can reach your goals!!! You're already headed in the right direction and you know you have done it before so you can do it again. I just started jogging (after wondering what it was that drove people to run) and I caught the bug, somehow. (I'm as slow as a turtle running through peanut butter;) It is helping the waistline and energy level a lot. I think you should get a good pair of running shoes and give it a real shot since you're interested in jogging. (Music helps me SO much.) Riding the bike is great and it sounds like you are off to a nice, new start. You didn't give up on yourself and that is really, really great. Friending you.
  • scottnavy
    scottnavy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add Jasmine. I actually did buy a pair of really good running shoes and have broken them in by wearing them this past 2 weeks. That's what I tell myself when I'm wearing them and not doing any running at all yet. I am in my last class for college and it's online so my schedule is totally free now with no excuses not to go to the gym. I have used Planet Fitness for almost a year and I'm ready to bail on them and use the YMCA so I can use their track and pool through the winter. Looking forward to reversing this gaining weight trend.